DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Major issue with Mavic2Zoom gimble system even DJI service Center can

Calculus4

Reactions
Please help, I have had my drone (mavic 2 zoom) in for repairs at the DJI service Center and evening though they replaced the entire gimble system (camera, motor, cable.. etc..) I am still having an issue when the drone goes into yaw mode.. the gimble just flips out! Roll, up and down works fine, but it’s when the drone goes into Yaw mode. (See video). The DJI service Center here in Istanbul Turkey even did a software update, then gimble calibration.. but still no luck, and now they have told me it cannot be fixed.. they don’t know what to do. Global service Center in HK told them to send it them, but I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth it. Please can someone help if you have heard this issue before.
2 videos explain the problem

Please help, I have had my drone (mavic 2 zoom) in for repairs at the DJI service Center and even though they replaced the entire gimble system (camera, motor, cable.. etc..) I am still having an issue when the drone goes into yaw mode.. the gimble just flips out! Roll, up and down works fine, but it’s when the drone goes into Yaw mode. (See video). The DJI service Center here in Istanbul Turkey even did a software update, then gimble calibration.. but still no luck, and now they have told me it cannot be fixed.. they don’t know what to do. Global service Center in HK told them to send it them, but I’m starting to wonder if it’s worth it. Please can someone help if you have heard this issue before.
2 videos explain the problem
Part 2

Did they (service) knew what the problem was in the first place? Was the Mavic sent because of that same error, or was something else the cause for sending the Mavic in for repair? Have they replaced the whole camera/gimble system, but somehow haven't checked the functionality afterwards, assuming that the problem was in the camera/gimble part and that it was solved? Obviously there's more to it and you should show them your video explaining again what's happening.You're probably have to send it in again. I don't know what to tell you, hopefully someone is going to tell you more and point you towards the solution. Sorry.

Reactions: Calculus4
thanks for your interest in helping;
Actually about 6 months ago I crashed the drone.. it was working ok afterwards but the more times I flew it the more times I’d get a gimble overload warning and then the gimble would just flip out. I took it to the service Center and they thought it might be the cable connection.. they changed this.. and it seemed to work fine.. but then after the second flight it flipped out again.. they then replaced the gimble motor.. and thought that should solve the issue but it seemed it wasn’t working so they replaced everything with a new drone system just to try to eliminate the problem.. but as you can see from the videos it just isn’t working 100%.. we think it might be something with the software communication and the mother board.. but we cannot identify the issue.. I think we are all lost, and we were wondering if this problem has happened somewhere else in the world?!

I see. I hope you can get a pointer in the right direction here. I don't own Zoom, so I can't say anything about it. Let's wait and see. Maybe uploading log files would help...? Or are Mavic 2 logs locked?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy