DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Make deliveries with your Mavic

ianannase

Reactions
At Zing, we're developing a peer to peer delivery system that connects any two people using a DJI drone, the Zing app, and the Zing delivery box.

We launched a Kickstarter to improve our iOS app's features and functionality, develop an Android app, and improve Zing delivery box production through contract manufacturing.

Kickstarter Link

We envision a future where the everyday drone pilot can make deliveries around their community with the same drones they have been using for photography. Whether it’s a cup of sugar to the neighbor down the road, a tool across the farm, a part from one factory building to another, or any number of use cases where it’s more convenient or effective to send a small item by drone. Current drones have both the physical and technological capabilities to do this. We are building Zing for the everyday drone pilot to facilitate these point to point deliveries using the drones they already have. We also hope to lay the ground work for eventual commercial deliveries that could enable more than 90,000 certified drone pilots to earn money using their own drones. To do all this, we have built a fully functional mobile app and delivery device for the world's most trusted drones, DJI's Mavic series. Zing's app allows drones to fly on autopilot and the Zing Delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-3.gif

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-5.gif

At Zing, we're developing a peer to peer delivery system that connects any two people using a DJI drone, the Zing app, and the Zing delivery box.

We launched a Kickstarter to improve our iOS app's features and functionality, develop an Android app, and improve Zing delivery box production through contract manufacturing.

Kickstarter Link

We envision a future where the everyday drone pilot can make deliveries around their community with the same drones they have been using for photography. Whether it’s a cup of sugar to the neighbor down the road, a tool across the farm, a part from one factory building to another, or any number of use cases where it’s more convenient or effective to send a small item by drone. Current drones have both the physical and technological capabilities to do this. We are building Zing for the everyday drone pilot to facilitate these point to point deliveries using the drones they already have. We also hope to lay the ground work for eventual commercial deliveries that could enable more than 90,000 certified drone pilots to earn money using their own drones. To do all this, we have built a fully functional mobile app and delivery device for the world's most trusted drones, DJI's Mavic series. Zing's app allows drones to fly on autopilot and the Zing Delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-3.gif

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-5.gif
I would love to see this business succeed.

Reactions: LeeMc and ianannase
As usual, all the good aspects of drone deliveries are going to be killed very quickly by nefarious operations. So much for “the wall” and for protection of wildlands and towns from arsonists, etc. They will probably end up only permitting this type of tech to vetted operators, and I hope they do well by it as the potential good from it is obvious.

Last year, we had a sicko start a series of wildfires by throwing road flares out his car window along a forest highway, he was caught because he was seen by another driver. Delivery drones will really make some crimes difficult to prevent and even to solve.

Last edited:
This looks like a great idea,unfortunately,here in blighty,i fear our 400ft of airspace is going to be hijacked by the likes of Amazon,so will (excuse the pun)never take off in the UK!!!!However,you may well be ok in the statesThumbswayupThumbswayup

Reactions: ianannase
Has anyone seen The Expanse series on Amazon? It’s interesting how they added the drone elements to the futuristic New York City. Drones are flying all over and are monitoring everyone in it. That type of autonomous monitoring drones are just around the corner in many places. BTW- it’s a great series if you like Sci Fi.

Last edited:
There's no mention of launch infrastructure being built at any potential businesses. Having an app and a coffee cage for the drone is one thing, but what progress have you made in terms of partnerships with businesses? There would need a safe loading and launch site. This type of technology will require training time and costs by the employer and employees I would think?

The idea has been mentioned before, but if I flew from my house to the hardware store I'd lose connection upon trying to land because of all the houses and trees blocking the signal. How will you get around this?

Also, can you post a video of a pick up and delivery?

Best of luck with your endeavor!

Another reason the hobby of drone flying is doomed??
Drone flying as a hobby can work in sync with commercial operations. All drones will be required to be on the Unmanned Traffic Management system.

Under DJI’s plans, each drone would transmit its location as well as a registration number or similar identification code in a system that could be done “using inexpensive radio equipment that is already on board many drones today and that could be adopted by all manufacturers.” Those transmission signals could then be identified by law enforcement and aviation regulators. Source

You don't need a connection with it. Once the delivery location is input it will fly autonomously just like it does with Litchi.

Although it is possible to do a waypoint mission without connection to the DJI controller, we are doing deliveries "semi-autonomously" right now. After descending to 15 feet at the pickup location, the drone pilot regains control to make a safe pickup. We are still working on a system that keeps connection when there are obstacles between the controller and the dropoff location. We are confident that we will be able to overcome this, whether it is through an update to DJI's hardware or a method of connecting to the drone besides the current methods, whether it be through 4G or otherwise.

There's no mention of launch infrastructure being built at any potential businesses. Having an app and a coffee cage for the drone is one thing, but what progress have you made in terms of partnerships with businesses? There would need a safe loading and launch site. This type of technology will require training time and costs by the employer and employees I would think?

The idea has been mentioned before, but if I flew from my house to the hardware store I'd lose connection upon trying to land because of all the houses and trees blocking the signal. How will you get around this?

Also, can you post a video of a pick up and delivery?

Best of luck with your endeavor!

Thank you! We are currently working on some partnerships with local businesses in the Tampa Bay area. Drone delivery has massive benefits for any company in terms of PR.

Delivery App Demo

The war on drugs is a lost cause, better legalyze. Saves the community money and the money saved can be used to treat the addicts...

I am with you 100%

The legalization of Marijuana is a good thing in so many ways

I am 67 and as a teenager i was imprisoned for possession of a small amount of pot

Criminalizing drug users is counter productive

The only benefit is for PRISONS and the people who work in them and the towns and cities that profit from housing inmates and all things associated with incarceration

Addiction is not criminal...The Draconian measures used to deal with addicts and addiction is CRIMINAL

A complicated societal situation...i truly believe that legalization is the best way to deal with it

ALCOHOL is The most destructive DRUG of all...It is praised and advertised and welcomed in our society but it is a huge part of the destruction of our world...Think of all the violence associated with Alcohol...Domestic violence...Drunk Driving...Alcohol often turns people into a Jekyll + Hyde ...mild mannered people when sober...INSANITY + Violence when Alcohol is in the mix...Marijuana should be legalized and other drug use should be DE criminalized...I will now step down off my soap box and get back to dreaming of flying on this 60 MPH (and Brrrr COLD) winds outside my NYC Home..Best to ALL...Martin

Reactions: vjslof
I am with you 100%

The legalization of Marijuana is a good thing in so many ways

I am 67 and as a teenager i was imprisoned for possession of a small amount of pot

Criminalizing drug users is counter productive

The only benefit is for PRISONS and the people who work in them and the towns and cities that profit from housing inmates and all things associated with incarceration

Addiction is not criminal...The Draconian measures used to deal with addicts and addiction is CRIMINAL

A complicated societal situation...i truly believe that legalization is the best way to deal with it

ALCOHOL is The most destructive DRUG of all...It is praised and advertised and welcomed in our society but it is a huge part of the destruction of our world...Think of all the violence associated with Alcohol...Domestic violence...Drunk Driving...Alcohol often turns people into a Jekyll + Hyde ...mild mannered people when sober...INSANITY + Violence when Alcohol is in the mix...Marijuana should be legalized and other drug use should be DE criminalized...I will now step down off my soap box and get back to dreaming of flying on this 60 MPH (and Brrrr COLD) winds outside my NYC Home..Best to ALL...Martin
Keep in mind that the current administration’s goal is to privatize all public services. Prisons are already run by corporations. They welcome new “customers” with open arms and locked cages.

Keep in mind that the current administration’s goal is to privatize all public services. Prisons are already run by corporations. They welcome new “customers” with open arms and locked cages.

Rrrrrrr Sadly ,So true...i am still in shock...and a possible 4 more years ? the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...gOd help us

Kickstarter Project update: We have almost reached 50% pledged with 22 days to go. Please consider backing this project! By backing, you will be helping us to improve the iOS app, launch the Android app, and partner with a contract manufacturer for the delivery box. Backers also receive their own delivery box.

The Zing delivery box is aerodynamic and lightweight. Check out this video of it in flight!

Check us out on Instagram: @zinghq

Join the drone delivery revolution on Kickstarter

This thread (as many often do) has gotten of topic. I've posted before on this site that I applaud your efforts and hope this endeavor materializes and becomes profitable. However, with my initial investment of $65? be a equity share of the ground floor investment? Or will it be a chance that this business concept will work? I am on the fence.... convince me and I'm in.

Last edited:
This thread (as many often do) has gotten of topic. I've posted before on this site that I applaud your efforts and hope this endeavor materializes and becomes profitable. However, with my initial investment of $65? be a equity share of the ground floor investment? Or will it be a chance that this business concept will work? I am on the fence.... convince me and I'm in.

Any investment in this Kickstarter will speed up the process of us scaling Zing. We are confident that the business concept will work because we are not going to be quitting. We have also made leaps and bounds of progress over all of our competition that has institutional funding.

By investing you will be opening up the opportunity for yourself to fly with us and make a sustainable ($30-$40)/hour, flexible income later down the line. Amazon and Uber do not plan on allowing drone pilots outside of their company to fly. We are the only drone delivery company opening up drone delivery to all Part 107 drone pilots.

Your investment will have great returns once we have our final app ready. The Kickstarter is being used to improve the current iOS app, build the Android app, and improve the delivery box. Your funds will directly contribute to the growth of this business.

Thank you for your support.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000