DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Manchester: My first month with my DJI Mavic Mini

john mcg

Reactions
Hello. I'm John, I live in Salford (Manchester UK!). I took the plunge and bought a Mavic Mini a month ago. (I actually originally chose a cheaper drone on Amazon that turned out to be incompatible with my Samsung.. so I spent more money, got the Mavic Mini.. and now this whole DJI Mavic Pilots world has opened up to me. This is a montage of my first month learning how to fly shoot and edit! I'm using Power Director for the editing. Any feedback welcome to help me with flying or editing techniques. I am quite chuffed with what I can do after a few weeks, just need to keep building my skills and confidence. Thank you :)

First Month Montage

Hey John...I am pretty new here, myself...did you get mini?...or mini2?....
I have found the people on here to be quite friendly and helpful...hope you have the same experience....have you posted any photography?

Reactions: ATW
Hi Mark... I've just posted the link to YouTube to my video in my post above! The forum said the video was too large to upload!

Most forums have you put it onto some kind of a 3rd party service...I don't think any video can be posted directly from your files...I notice you can't post any photos here either...there isa forum here just for photography......I have to see if you can post directly on that one

Cool.. Just the Mavic Mini. This is a whole new world to me.. I've fancied having a drone to play with for a while, but didn't want to spend too much until I was sure it would be something I could justify! So far so good, I am glad I spent the money I did to start me off. I think it's amazing what you can do for the money. I need to build by confidence and skill set.

Reactions: ATW and MARK (LI)
I just watched the video....what a great job you did with it....the music was particularly nice and pleasant...I really liked the editing....what software did you use for it?...was it hard to learn?

Thank you! I am using Power Director 365. I'm finding it easy to get to grips with and put the videos together :)
What drone and software are you using?

I had a Phantom 2+...just got mini2...just got it a few days ago and it has been too windy to use it...I have only made a handful of drone videos, using Kapwing to add the music....I like the shattered glass effect that you used in yours

Reactions: john mcg
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: john mcg
Welcome to the forum.

Nicely done video. My feedback, as I've said before, watch as many drone videos as you can and see what you do and don't like. There is no right or wrong way to do things. You really only have to please yourself, unless of course you are doing this commercially.

Welcome to the forum.

Nicely done video. My feedback, as I've said before, watch as many drone videos as you can and see what you do and don't like. There is no right or wrong way to do things. You really only have to please yourself, unless of course you are doing this commercially.
Thank you.. I'm realising it's easy to overthink it.. and you're right ultimately it's for my own amusement!

Reactions: Barbara
Wow, you did well in flying for a newbie to the Mini.
For only having the Mini a short while, you have nerves of steel flying as far as you did, I admire that.
Video is up with the pros.
Stay safe Captain.

Good video John. You must be a fast learner! I haven't even completed by first edited video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair