DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manti II parachute

bburnett15

Reactions
Has anyone used this or know where I can get a users manual that is written in English? Pamphlet that came with it had LOTS of chinese writing and only a few diagrams and a few basic notes in english. their videos on youtube are the same, but they provide a little more direction (like how to turn it on)

before you tell me it wont protect my drone from crashes, i have purchased it only as a device to protect people on the ground in the event of a catastrophic failure. I am comfortable with the concept of this parachute as I would be employing it as a safety device that hopefully will allow for a waiver to fly over people (Transiting public streets and sidewalks)

thanks!

We have used a few of these types., and they all work to a degree ,, you just really need to be aware of the Drift.

When I first tested the Unit I engaged remotely at 300 ft and I watched the Drone Drift over past my Safety point of the River and into the oncoming traffic.

Of course I was flying in Windy Storm Conditions, but overall If you keep a low flight , it does offer those below a nice warning.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I am thinking to buy one as well for ground safety in case of my Mavic 2 falls. Any feedback from anyone using them? How much will it affect the drone stability, flight performance of the drone during a flight?

I use it with my M2P when flying in the city in controlled airspace over 200’ AGL. I havent noticed any impact on flight- probably uses a little more battery, but not enough for me to notice (too many other things to pay attention to.) again im using it for the safety of others.
If purchasing one now, i would get the Manti 3 as it is reusable with a disposable parachute module. Use it once and then just replace the parachute module without getting into the fussy task of installing a new ejection charge and folding /repacking the chute correctly So that it will work again.
i think this is a good test demo-

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle430
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada