DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual orbit precision with RC Pro controller …

ninjafingers

Reactions
I own a Mavic Air 2 with the original controller it came with, as well as Mavic 3 with the RC Pro controller. I’ve been flying drones for a few years now, and feel like I’ve gradually improved at maneuvering in moderately complex ways, but the RC Pro control sticks seem to lack resistance if that makes sense, and I’m just not used to it yet. When I am doing manual orbits around say a very large building, I’m having some difficulty making the orbit totally smooth. It’s not bad, bud I feel like if I breathe I’ll screw it up because the sensitivity of the sticks is unforgiving.

I feel like it would be awesome if I could lock the control stick in place if I was rolling left to go around a large building, so I could focus on just the yaw movement while the roll remains perfectly steady.

Or if I could increase the tension on the control sticks, that might be helpful too. I know this sounds like I just need to practice orbits and more complex movements now with the RC Pro, and that’s probably true, but are there any nifty tools or capabilities of the hardware to help me with this, besides the baked-in POI (with its limitations), and besides waiting for a waypoint capability or SDK support?

but are there any nifty tools or capabilities of the hardware to help me with this, besides the baked-in POI (with its limitations), and besides waiting for a waypoint capability or SDK support?
Have a look at this video my Philip Bloom from 54:30 same issue and a coupe of solutions. Someone like Freewell might make some slow sticks eventually but also Philip has started a petition to get DJI to allow us a true tripod mode which may help. Good luck!

Reactions: ninjafingers
Have a look at this video my Philip Bloom from 54:30 same issue and a coupe of solutions. Someone like Freewell might make some slow sticks eventually but also Philip has started a petition to get DJI to allow us a true tripod mode which may help. Good luck!

Wow this looks like it might be what I’m looking for. I’ll have more time to dig into it later tonight, but thank you a million times over for sending this. I’ll keep the thread posted.

Edit: I just watched the video from the point at which you linked it, and wow - that’s EXACTLY the problem I’m having. That’s a bummer that “slow sticks” trigger a calibration request on the RC Pro but I still have my MA2 controller so I may try finding or making some slow sticks to try a “DIY tripod mode.” None of this is ideal, but as silly as this sounds, I’m just relieved that I’ve been able to make a connection between what I’ve been having trouble with in my brain, and someone who could point me towards the right nomenclature and some level of hope that I can find a funky solution if that’s what it needs to be. Even if that’s just a bunch of rubber bands in the super short term hahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bussty
Lol yes always good to know it's not just "you" :) I'd keep an eye on Philip Blooms channel as he will find a solution eventually you may even be able to email. I think he is a member of this and DJI Mavic 3 forum.

I am in the market for a M3 but there have been so many "issues" feels like I need to wait until they are sorted. Of course other drone makers are in the meantime bringing out upgrades that cause second guessing. I reckon DJI are lucky they didn't bring out the Skydio 2+ with an updated camera, could have seen quite a few USA and Canadian users change over especially with the new Keyframes functionality!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara