DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual return, windage

geigy

Reactions
Yesterday I did a 6 mile loop, chasing boats, started back with 55 percent battery. On the way back I cancelled the auto rth, pointed the bird straight home, and did full forward throttle. After a couple of minutes i noticed that, in addition to fighting a slight headwind, I was taking a curved return path.

I activated rth again, which came straight back home, and squeaked back with 8 percent battery. I had almost duplicated the same mistake I've seen others make, time after time on YouTube, of going out too far, canceling auto rth, and then almost blowing it.

The log shows me giving a small amount of left stick in addition to forward, which surprised me.

So, my question is whether rth is smart enough to allow for side drift due to wind. If so, is there a systematic way to replicate this manually?

Right - so I guess to compensate manually, angle the nose slightly upwind of your destination, and fly straight, or nudge the stick slightly to compensate for the windage, using the map for feedback.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun