DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manually changing channels mini 2

Rob022017

Reactions
If I start my flight manually selecting 5.8ghz can I change it to 2.4ghz manually if signal starts going bad?? Not sure bout this this. Just got alientech duo antenna and in auto mode it sucks. It was great when manually selecting 5.8ghz though

Why would you even need the Alientech when the Mini 2 already has OccuSync 2.0 good out to 6 miles, and auto switches between both bands on its own, based upon the strongest signal? The battery will only make it one way at that distance, so unless you are strapping on external batteries, it's a controlled suicide mission.

For me, flying under CE transmission regs, i can fly it out 600m with the channel selection set to auto and the signal drops to 2 or 3 bars and the video starts stuttering. I feel like the image will cut out at any moment. If I then manually switch the channel to 2.4 ghz, I get full bars of signal at 600 metres away and can fly it much much further without any drop-outs. For some reason 2.4ghz gives me better signal strength than leaving it in auto it seems.

Have you applied the firmware update that significantly improves transmission quality?

About the original question I haven't checked on the mini2 but on others you could not manually switch band in flight.

I mite try today hoping nothing bad happens. And where I fly it’s hard to reach any distance staying under the 400ft: yesterday while staying at 5.8 I was almost able to make it to 10000ft at 180ft altitude so for me great improvement there

Remember that the 5.8ghz band was only added to WiFi devices for better reception when there is increased interference in the 2.4ghz band. The 2.4ghz band actually has longer range than 5.8ghz naturally due to the frequencies it uses. So the further you get on that frequency the worse the propagation. The drone will probably seek a 2.4ghz frequency the further away it gets due to the poor distance characteristics of the 5.8ghz band.

Reactions: raymairjr
Yeah but could just be my area or I have a messed up cable I got with my alientech but when in dji fly app 5.8ghz is flat across the board and 2.4ghz is all over the place like horribly

Yeah but could just be my area or I have a messed up cable I got with my alientech but when in dji fly app 5.8ghz is flat across the board and 2.4ghz is all over the place like horribly
Given that the stock Mini 2 aircraft should have no issues, it is likely an issue with the mod, which IMHO is really completely unnecessary on the Mini 2 in the U.S. under FCC.

Given that the stock Mini 2 aircraft should have no issues, it is likely an issue with the mod, which IMHO is really completely unnecessary on the Mini 2 in the U.S. under FCC.
Where I fly it’s hard to stay lower and stay under 400ft If I want to get any distance the reason I got the alientech but I thought same as well either have a lot of 2.4ghz interference or a bad cable

Where I fly it’s hard to stay lower and stay under 400ft If I want to get any distance the reason I got the alientech but I thought same as well either have a lot of 2.4ghz interference or a bad cable
Unless you have clear LOS, the antenna mods can't do much, and, if done incorrectly or limited to a single band, can actually be worse. What obstructions are you trying to overcome?

Unless you have clear LOS, the antenna mods can't do much, and, if done incorrectly or limited to a single band, can actually be worse. What obstructions are you trying to overcome?
Some times I like to try and fly from my back deck witch always results in lower range I have thought about even just boosting one of the frequencies and that way it’s not a problems.

Some times I like to try and fly from my back deck witch always results in lower range I have thought about even just boosting one of the frequencies and that way it’s not a problems.
Physical obstructions will always limit your range. No mod can penetrate solid obstructions, but some might give you a tiny bit more range around them or through any holes in them. All advertised mod increases are based upon clear and unobstructed LOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61