DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map not following Aircraft in DJI Go app

gregw

Reactions
I remember in the older version of the DJI Go app, the map always defaults to following the aircraft, and shows the line pointing towards "Home". In my flight today, there was no way for me to get the map to follow the aircraft. It seemed stuck at "Home". If I tap on the small map so it expands, there was a symbol I could tap which opened up either "Home" or "Aircraft" symbol. If I tap on the "Aircraft" symbol, the map will shift around and center itself on the aircraft. However, it still does NOT follow the aircraft and simply just stays at that point, so when you fly away from that location, the map is just showing the track of where your aircraft has been.

How do I get the map to follow the aircraft like it used to do?

Be careful what you're tapping on! When you tap on the Home or Aircraft symbols, you are re-setting the Home Point to either where your controller is, or to where the aircraft is at that moment.

Is that what's really happening? Hmmm.... Are you sure this is to set the home point? I did a screen capture of the screen on my phone without connecting up the Mavic.

Screenshot_20161125-183049.png

After clicking on the Aircraft symbol, the map simply shifts to the aircraft. There is no pop up or voice saying that the home point has been updated...

Agree, the new "Here" map does not scroll and is a pain to switch to full map to see where you are, hope a fix is coming

I remember in the older version of the DJI Go app, the map always defaults to following the aircraft, and shows the line pointing towards "Home". In my flight today, there was no way for me to get the map to follow the aircraft. It seemed stuck at "Home". If I tap on the small map so it expands, there was a symbol I could tap which opened up either "Home" or "Aircraft" symbol. If I tap on the "Aircraft" symbol, the map will shift around and center itself on the aircraft. However, it still does NOT follow the aircraft and simply just stays at that point, so when you fly away from that location, the map is just showing the track of where your aircraft has been.

How do I get the map to follow the aircraft like it used to do?
I think I have given you bad information regarding the symbols on the map. I think, as you have discovered, that they just centre the map on either RC or Aircraft.
The re-setting of the HP I described is done In the MC settings page in the app. Apologies for the bad info.

Reactions: superdave5050
Any resolution to this? I have the same issue... Or do we have to wait for a firmware update?

I updated the firmware today and I'm running the most current version of DJI Go 4... Map is following again.

Cool! I just did the update and will see how it goes tomorrow. Sounds encouraging.

I flew 4 flights today on the new F/W and yes the map is now following again, thank goodness, it was a PIA before.
True that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S