Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map Resources?

adcimagery

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.adcimagery.com
Anyone have a good recommendation for a map resource for determining things like NF/Wilderness/NPS boundaries? I've got a sectional for my area, and I've checked B4UFLY/Aloft, but I haven't found a good resource for determining what land you're actually standing on. Google Maps seems to be very imprecise in marking these boundaries and makes it difficult to see what area you're actually under.

For instance, is the region that I want to launch from still part of a National Forest? State park boundaries would be a huge bonus. Any advice?

Anyone have a good recommendation for a map resource for determining things like NF/Wilderness/NPS boundaries? I've got a sectional for my area, and I've checked B4UFLY/Aloft, but I haven't found a good resource for determining what land you're actually standing on. Google Maps seems to be very imprecise in marking these boundaries and makes it difficult to see what area you're actually under.

For instance, is the region that I want to launch from still part of a National Forest? State park boundaries would be a huge bonus. Any advice?
Download the "Aloft" app

Download the "Aloft" app
Yeah, I checked aloft but it’s not great in terms of ground level information. I’ve got shaded regions around me that it doesn’t make clear whether they’re farm fields, regional parks, state parks, etc.

The VFR version of Wing-X is now free and there are Apple and Android versions available. It has both Sectional charts and Terminal Area Charts. Your IPad will need a GPS to show your location. Androids and cellular IPads have GPS else you will need a Bad-Elf or a Stratux with GPS module (homebuilt ADS-B receiver). The Stratux will also let you see overhead air traffic.

My default application for that kind of mapping is GaiaGPS. The base map includes full land boundary details which can be viewed topographically or overlaid on imagery or any of the USGS or USFS map series. It also has a specific wilderness overlay if needed.

Reactions: PAW and adcimagery
My default application for that kind of mapping is GaiaGPS. The base map includes full land boundary details which can be viewed topographically or overlaid on imagery or any of the USGS or USFS map series. It also has a specific wilderness overlay if needed.
Thanks! That’s the source I was looking for.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku