DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map view won't open DJI Fly app with Mavic Air 2

Tumbras

Reactions
I'm on a Samsung S8+, running the latest version of Android. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI fly app. I've also unpaired and re-paired my mavic Air 2 with the app and every single time I connect to my drone and click on the map mini icon in the lower left-hand corner my view does not switch to the map view. The mini map get slightly larger but it does not fill the screen. Has anyone else seen this issue and if so, how do you resolve it?.

I've tried this both while on Wi-Fi or Verizon mobile network

Same here on my s10+
Boris - so for me when I click on the little map preview icon in the lower left hand corner the maps view doesn't open up at all. What's odd is that when I click on that icon it increases in size to about an inch and within that little window I can see that it's picked up my home location so I know GPS is working but the actual functionality of switching between camera view and map view is what's broken in my instance.

Is that the same thing that's happening for you or does it switch to the map view and you don't see anything?

Exactly the same. If I click the map it opens a little but when I click it again to close it won't. I have to get out of the app and restart the fly app

Exactly the same. If I click the map it opens a little but when I click it again to close it won't. I have to get out of the app and restart the fly app
Yep, that's exactly what's happening to me too. Interesting that we are both on Android and have "+" versions of our phones.

I may have the answer. I had a problem that my RC and S9 would not hold a connection for more than a few seconds. There are 8 possible ways the cable can be connected. I learned that there is 1 and only 1 way to plug my cable into the RC and have the RC - S9 connection be solid. For what it's worth; on my cable the end with the white tag is plugged into the RC with the cable exiting the west/left side. In this position the connection is long lasting but, as you all describe, the map function is non-functioning. I've been speculating that a wiring fault in the cable is causing the map problem - just as in other positions it caused connectivity problems. I've ordered a new cable from Amazon - couldn't find one I like locally - but it won't come until next week. If you've got an alternate cable to try it kught solve the map problem

What put me on to this was a thread I started here - "Android Problem" which got me to try an IPhone and its cable (which worked fine, including map), and then try all the cable positions back with the S9 and RC.

Reactions: Roy1957
I doubt it's the cables fault for not allowing you to open the little map in the corner of the screen and being able to close it. I did see others complain in the Google app store about not being able to open and close the little map. It's more of a software issue and not the cable issue

I understand - kinda think the same way - but the fact my RC-MOD maintain a connection with the cable inserted a certain way raises the issue that SOMTHING else shouldn't work when when inserted that certain way. I'm waiting to her from DJI on the issue and have another cable from another source. In the meantime, lots of uncertainty a bout the cause of this problem. My map worked fine with the alternative cable and IPhone. Clearly I have an OEM cable issue - may or may not be connected to the map issue. People with the android-map issue may want to check their cable orientation - if a change gets a not connected error message then I think the map problem likely is associated with the cable.

This was a response from another tread

recieved this response to my inquiry in the DJI forum. Appears they are aware of the issue.

DJI Mindy, Administrator:
"Hi djicheaha, we appreciate your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused, we've been aware of this and will get it optimized via the future APP upgrade, thanks for your patience...."
Now the waiting game. Thanks to all that responded with assistance.

So now I wonder if that means we have to wait as well for our map issue? It would be nice to think that it will be resolved with a new software update or firmware update but who knows at this point

Reactions: seapaddlerone
Exact same issue here.
Mavic Mini (All firmware updated)
DJI FLY APP (latest update, reinstalled trying to solve issue to no avail)
Phone: LG G7 ThinQ (Top Spec Flagship). Andrioid 9.xx (Nearly latest OS)
Tablet: 2018 iPad 9.7" (Maps WORKS on this device)

In the DJI Fly App, the small map appears, I tap it and it opens to a slightly larger size. However, once I do that, the map is locked up. No input from myself does anything. I can't expand it fullscreen, I can't shrink back to small size. Nothing. I am forced to exit the main Splash screen and go back into "Go Fly", just to get it return to small size again.

✸ Now, on my iOS version of DJI FLY App.. the maps work perfect. However, the label "MapBox" is not present on the iOS version of the App, just the Android version.. which does not work. ✸

I've reinstalled the App a few times. I really do not want to rollback the App to a previous version if I don't have to. I'm.. like most here likely.. a tech guy.. so I'm pretty sure it's nothing I've got wrong on my end.

Anyone figured this out yet?

Android app is one version behind IOS still. it's a waiting game.

Boris - so for me when I click on the little map preview icon in the lower left hand corner the maps view doesn't open up at all. What's odd is that when I click on that icon it increases in size to about an inch and within that little window I can see that it's picked up my home location so I know GPS is working but the actual functionality of switching between camera view and map view is what's broken in my instance.

Is that the same thing that's happening for you or does it switch to the map view and you don't see anything?
You can map the button on the rc to open the map too. Try that it should work.

Android itself is always way behind EVERYTHING iOS. I've got a dozen or more Android phones.. and only TWO will even install the basic DJI FLY App! And most are above the required 6.0 OS. smh

Yes, pretty irritating.
DJI Fly 1.1.3 has been for I believe almost a week on ios, but still nothing on Android.

Been having same issue here with Note 9. When I first installed it, it worked fine. Same after fresh install them it just suddenly stops working. Just get the mini map.

Sucks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SFC