DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapbox question

Andy2001

Reactions
I don't expect any easy answer to this but I'll give it a shot. Using DJI GO 4 (android) if I select flight record and select a flight and then choose either satellite or hybrid it brings up a map. The problem is that in the area I generally fly, this map is many years out of date, at least 8 years, maybe more. Obviously Mapbox don't update maps as frequently as Google Maps. I guess DJI use Mapbox because they may well be cheaper.

Mapbox do have a 'Improve Map' option you can go through and you can suggest that they update it, and I've done that a while back but I've no idea when that might happen. It mind sound minor, but the land use has changed so much over the last 10 years that the map on the app is useless for me unless I took note of the the long. & lat. co-ordinates and then imputed them into G Maps.

Has anyone any suggestions ?

I wish we could use Google maps, they much better quality. It was an option I recall with the Inspire but I think with the M2 & in my case the Smart Controller, we are stuck with the really inferior map box, almost unusable in some locations like north of Montreal in the laurentians

hello,
i agree with you guys. We all wish we could use google maps :) i live in a small village and when i use dji app with mapbox all i see is just fields .. these maps are more than 5 yrs old.
I know the Litchi app has google maps, but i would like stay with dji

I wish we could use Google maps, they much better quality. It was an option I recall with the Inspire but I think with the M2 & in my case the Smart Controller, we are stuck with the really inferior map box, almost unusable in some locations like north of Montreal in the laurentians

Interesting. map box uses openstreetmap as part of its data set and the Montreal area is generally well mapped.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada