DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Marina Reservoir, Singapore

rwarrior

Reactions
Hi mates,
Here's a video of Marina Reservoir, which showcases the Marina Bay Sands Hotel and the Singapore Flyer..... this area has transformed the city skyline in the last 10 years. The area is also the site of the annual F1 night street race... sadly suspended now due to Covid.
Apologies for the long duration.... this was before I honed my editing skills, and apologies also to my Spark buddies who are on this Mavic forum who may have seen it before.
Cheers, and hope you enjoy it.
Ranjit

Thanks for sharing, every time I go to Singapore 🇸🇬 there is something different to look at. I tried to photograph the garden in the sky but my skill didn’t do it justice.
Regards

Reactions: rwarrior
Very nice! Some interesting architecture on some of the buildings. The one with several tower with a structure on top looks like a boat sitting up there. Nicely done!!!

Thanks again, @rwarrior, for jogging memories. The Marina Bay Sands was just opened as we left the area (living on Sumatra). We rode the flyer during our last time in SIN.

Any problems flying in this area?

Most of the center of Singapore are NFZ.

The area over Marina Bay says within 10 km of aerodromes. It says "Kites can be flown up to 200 feet."

(select NFZ on the left) and click the blue regions).

Kites aren't a Singapore euphemism for drones are they?

Any problems flying in this area?

Most of the center of Singapore are NFZ.

The area over Marina Bay says within 10 km of aerodromes. It says "Kites can be flown up to 200 feet."

(select NFZ on the left) and click the blue regions).

Kites aren't a Singapore euphemism for drones are they?
Hi wco81,
The area where I flew is more than 5km from an aerodrome so you can fly here, so long as you don't fly above 200 feet (60 m) above mean sea level; this is a restriction throughout Singapore, even if you're not in a NFZ. And of course, you'll need to adhere to all of the other regulations (No-Fly Zones and Unmanned Aircraft Flying Area)

But always check for updated requirements before you fly here, as sometimes there are temporary restrictions during events or festivals, and also the owners of the attractions in the vicinity may impose new restrictions as well.

Nope, kites are kites, and drones are drones!

Hope this helps.
Cheers, and fly safe

Thanks.

So you seemed to have stayed east of the Helix and Benjamin Sheares Bridges, didn't go near the Esplanade area or the Singapore River?

Seems the flight was mostly between the Singapore Flyer and the Gardens by the Bay?

So that area is okay but if you went west of the Helix Bridge, that area wouldn't be okay?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3