DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAS Props - High Wind Warning

BayouBill

Reactions
I've gotten several high wind warnings after installing Master Airscrew V2 props. It was a very calm day (3-5 mph). I installed the original DJI props and the warning went away. Have since flown in high wind with DJI props with no warnings. Anyone else seeing this?

I haven't had that problem at all, they do seem to have a slight whistling sound to them. Not sure if that's normal or not.
Try rechecking the Gain settings.
They should be as follows:
Pitch-85
Roll-100
Yaw-95
Vertical-100

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
Yes, the gains were set as you documented. Very strange. Didn't see any adverse handling issues during the alarms.

winds aloft can fool you. You can check them with airdata when you download the flight. All the warnings along with winds aloft along your route and all sorts of interesting data.
I have not had the wind warnings with the Master Airscrew V2 props. I know that they advised changing the gain settings at one time but my props came good to go...I thought.

Reactions: BullDoggBoyz
winds aloft can fool you. You can check them with airdata when you download the flight. All the warnings along with winds aloft along your route and all sorts of interesting data.
I have not had the wind warnings with the Master Airscrew V2 props. I know that they advised changing the gain settings at one time but my props came good to go...I thought.
Yes I enjoy using airdata but saw only the alerts, no high wind. I was only 40 feet aloft and that same day I was also flying a tiny UMX micro Cessna with no issues. The only other time I have seen high wind warnings was a day when the wind was blowing my hat off and airdata indicated 27 mph wind gusts. That was with DJI props.

What were the gain setting changes they recommended, and do they still recommend doing so, with their newest props, including the Mavic 2 versions?

What were the gain setting changes they recommended, and do they still recommend doing so, with their newest props, including the Mavic 2 versions?
The V2 props come with an insert recommending the following gains for Mavic Air:
Pitch-85
Roll-100
Yaw-95
Vertical-100

The V2 props come with an insert recommending the following gains for Mavic Air:
Pitch-85
Roll-100
Yaw-95
Vertical-100
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying. My two purchases of them for the Mavic 2 did not come with any such similar insert. These are my very first aftermarket props for any DJI aircraft. Can we presume the ones newly designed for the M2 are already optimized for the default M2 factory gains, or do all their props require some fine tuning of the gains for best performance? I'm also assuming that AirData's In Flight Wind calculations are based upon using factory props, and may not necessarily be accurate for flights using aftermarket props. Any thoughts there?

..... I'm also assuming that AirData's In Flight Wind calculations are based upon using factory props, and may not necessarily be accurate for flights using aftermarket props. Any thoughts there?
I've been thinking the same thing about the algorithm DJI uses to generate the high wind alert. It is probably not reliable with after market props. I checked the MAS web site and they state that the stealth props for Mavic 2 do NOT require gain changes.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I've been thinking the same thing about the algorithm DJI uses to generate the high wind alert. It is probably not reliable with after market props. I checked the MAS web site and they state that the stealth props for Mavic 2 do NOT require gain changes.
I've been using the MAS V2 for my MA for 6 month now, all the time with the recommended gain settings (think MA is the only drone that have these recommendations). Get wind warnings but they have always been reliable when I later check both wind speeds from Airdata.com & from wind values from the DAT logs. Around 9-10 m/s winds will trigger the warnings ... sounds logical as the max recommended wind is 10m/s in the user manual.

I was actually referring to the various comprehensive inflight wind calculations AirData computes from the DJI flight logs, rather than the GO 4 app high wind alert. AirData likely is assuming stock props in those wind calculations, and would have no way of knowing you aren't using them.

I get the high wind warning often with factory props. On clam days. Just figured I hit an air stream.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser