DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massachusetts anyone?

Welcome and go Patriots! Also, check out the Regional section of this forum for others in your area

Ooooooohhhhh, I also live in Westford. I normally practice flying in the Stonybrook School grounds.

Ooooooohhhhh, I also live in Westford. I normally practice flying in the Stonybrook School grounds.

Oh nice. I have been going to the frozen lakes. After work I usually stop by heart pond in Chelmsford. Sometimes I’ll go to nabnasett pond in Westford. I went by nashoba ski area yesterday. Couldn’t get too close. Not supposed to fly over people and I don’t think drones are allowed at most ski areas. But I took off from behind the tubing park and flew to the ski area. Yesterday I Also took off from the beach at heart pond and flew out to my longest distance yet. 9727 feet. I got the return to Home warning because of battery so i let it turn around. Next time I’m going to try it with a fresh battery and see just how far I can go. I know I can get at least 2 miles from that takeoff point.

Last edited:
Oh nice. I have been going to the frozen lakes. After work I usually stop by heart pond in Chelmsford. Sometimes I’ll go to nabnasett pond in Westford. I went by nashoba ski area yesterday. Couldn’t get too close. Not supposed to fly over people and I don’t think drones are allowed at most ski areas. But I took off from behind the tubing park and flew to the ski area. Yesterday I Also took off from the beach at heart pond and flew out to my longest distance yet. 9727 feet. I got the return to Home warning because of battery so i let it turn around. Next time I’m going to try it with a fresh battery and see just how far I can go. I know I can get at least 2 miles from that takeoff point.

Ah yes, I do go to Heart Pond in Chelmsford sometimes. Of late, it has been way too windy to fly out there, and me being a newbie don't like to risk it. I am still not proficient in flying, so stick to places where there are no people around. Do let me know if you would like to fly at a common location sometime. Would be good to get some tips and guidance.

Ah yes, I do go to Heart Pond in Chelmsford sometimes. Of late, it has been way too windy to fly out there, and me being a newbie don't like to risk it. I am still not proficient in flying, so stick to places where there are no people around. Do let me know if you would like to fly at a common location sometime. Would be good to get some tips and guidance.

I’m actually very new as well. Only been flying since the end of December. You are right about the winds. But the winds have finally slowed since Sunday. I’ve been out every day since. The winds have been around 5 mph or less and the gusts have been staying under 10mph. And I’m taking about 328 feet up. That’s where I have the wind height set on my forecast app. But even higher is still more than light enough to fly. I’m hoping the snow stops so I can get out again soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada