DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master airscrew props for mini se and mini2

Just got mine for the Air2. Got the bright red ones to hopefully help with better visual. Took up on maiden flight and it seemed a bit quieter than stock, but no idea on extended flight time or speed as MAS claims. Only time will tell.

Just ordered a set of orange, be interesting if I can notice a difference. I've already used Master Airscrew on my Mavic Air, actually the only ones I use now with it, so I know it's a good product, just hope they work as well for the Mini 2.

Love my master airscrews
Good looking bird, not overdone like some I've seen.

If you don't mind saying, where did you get the orange eyes? I also have orange Mas props, matching eyes looks good on yours.

Good looking bird, not overdone like some I've seen.

If you don't mind saying, where did you get the orange eyes? I also have orange Mas props, matching eyes looks good on yours.
Personal Friend made them for me

I knew joining this forum would result in me spending more money. Thanks a lot, guys. Just bought a set of red ones.

Kevin

Reactions: Mrveronn
Ordered some. Mini 2 is already pretty quiet but any improvement in that regard is welcome. Also the claimed power reserve will hopefully make my Mini 2 handle Insta360 One X2 a bit better. And yes I know it's a crazy load for such small quad... but it actually works reasonably well.

Last edited:
Ok, so for those of you interested, I received my ordered MAS DJI Mini 2 propellers today and tested them out using the Sound Meter app on my Samsung S20 phone. I know it's not a proper test but the conditions for both propellers - original OEM vs MAS DJI Mini 2 were equal (in a large room area) and showed as follows:

OEM Props

Ambient noise (all off) = 36 - 40 DB
Only props on (starting) = 56 -58 DB
Drone Take-off (up to 1.2m and 1.5m away from phone) = 75 - 85 DB
Drone hovering over phone directly (1.2m height) = 80 - 90 DB

MAS Props

Ambient noise (all off) = 36 - 40 DB (most common was 37 DB)
Only props on (starting) = 56 -58 DB
Drone Take-off (up to 1.2m and 1.5m away from phone) = 71 - 85 DB
Drone hovering over phone directly (1.2m height) = 76 - 90 DB

For me, there was hardly any difference in DB at all. The sound remained about the same, but if I had to try differentiate I would say the MAS was slightly deeper in tone. When I took the drone outside for take off up to 10m/30ft, the drone was still noticeable when it came to noise factor.

From my side, with these initial tests and although I have not flown it properly, there was almost not difference between the OEM and MAS. From a looks and cut point of view the MAS seem slightly thinner and the cut showed a very slight cut-out remaining on the props. The OEM seem more professionally finished in my opinion on cut but obviously not shiny like the MAS.

I will still see how it goes in RL flights in the next few weeks. If there are any interesting findings I will post them here.

Best to you all.

Ok. Did an outside test sending my drone up to 80m/240ft in low noise environment. Sadly I could still hear it hovering. It was also audible at 100m/300feet when descending from that height.

My view is that any advance in propellers needs to seriously cut audible noise out to a level of a few feet, maybe something like 20m/60 feet height in a low noise environment. By low noise I would guess around 45DB.

The MAS propellers might improve flight time by a minute or two, but for noise reduction (which was my main purpose for buying them) my honest impression is disappointment. They are essentially, in my opinion, not an improvement to the OEM version for this purpose.

Reactions: AndreasT and brew99
Thanks for the review....I've ordered a set only because my co-worker was ordering and we combined shipping. I honestly think MAS just pushed these out in order to take advantage of the popularity of the Mini2, but will reserve by final opinion after I've had a chance to fly them. I guess we'll see.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
I bought a set because they were orange. If they do the other things ok but I think we can assume no much is going to change physics. The props are just going to make noise when they spin. If you need a set, they are an option versus buying stock and come in a few color choices to change things up. If you need them for quiet, my other sets I can tell you are no quieter. If anything, like you said, a lower tone and that is the main driver behind the lower noise claim.

Master airscrew props in 4 colors are now available for the mini see and mini2. Just a heads up have a great day ??
Yes went to buy some and the shipping was more than the props. However after emailing Master Airscrew about a UK retailer availability they were fantastic and very prompt with their customer service and assured me they will do all they can to get them available on Amazon UK soon. Big thumbs up for Master Airscrew ??

Thanks for the review....I've ordered a set only because my co-worker was ordering and we combined shipping. I honestly think MAS just pushed these out in order to take advantage of the popularity of the Mini2, but will reserve by final opinion after I've had a chance to fly them. I guess we'll see.
Will be interesting, let us know

Yes went to buy some and the shipping was more than the props. However after emailing Master Airscrew about a UK retailer availability they were fantastic and very prompt with their customer service and assured me they will do all they can to get them available on Amazon UK soon. Big thumbs up for Master Airscrew ??
Please let us know your review of actually using them and any real difference to the current OEM's. Be good to hear more feedback.

I received my MAS Mini 2 props a couple of days ago and just came back from my verification flights. All in all, I did not notice any difference neither in noise, flight time or aircraft handling compared to the OEM blades. Probably with some sophisticated measuring equipment differences can be measured. However, such data is not important to me, what counts is what I can see, hear, or feel etc.

I received my MAS Mini 2 props a couple of days ago and just came back from my verification flights. All in all, I did not notice any difference neither in noise, flight time or aircraft handling compared to the OEM blades. Probably with some sophisticated measuring equipment differences can be measured. However, such data is not important to me, what counts is what I can see, hear, or feel etc.
Thanks for the review, useful to know.

No idea why MAS set out to create this solution (besides commercial gain) with claims that it's advantages are technically better and noticeable.

In the field I would honestly go back to the OEMs, which seem more professionally finished and carry the same noise, etc. Sad as I bought 5 packs of MAS (import prices here is limited) and am very disappointed truth be told.

Oh well waiting for another provider to offer far more silent props again...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka