DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Stealth Propellers - 2nd GEN V2

john2k

Reactions

Has anyone had any experience with the following stealth propellers for the Mavic Air? In particular the second generation V2 versions? I've watched a few YouTube videos and it has rather good reviews on Amazon. It seems the v1 had issues because something about the Mavic air reporting motor issues etc.

Has anyone had any experience with the following stealth propellers for the Mavic Air? In particular the second generation V2 versions? I've watched a few YouTube videos and it has rather good reviews on Amazon. It seems the v1 had issues because something about the Mavic air reporting motor issues etc.
Have been using them for the past month. No problems of any nature or warnings. Everything is great + less annoying pitch + slightly better battery life.. Also have been using Sports mode quite often without any issues. Just put in the settings that MA suggests and you will be fine ;) ..

Have been using them for the past month. No problems of any nature or warnings. Everything is great + less annoying pitch + slightly better battery life.. Also have been using Sports mode quite often without any issues. Just put in the settings that MA suggests and you will be fine ;) ..

Thanks, I need replacement props. I have a set of the spare originals that came with the Mavic air but thinking to get these. What are the settings that they suggest?

You mean as in this thread here ..

Reactions: rafkt
I bought two sets. They make indeed less noise, and battery life is a bit longer, but the biggest benefit is the angry bees sound is no more...
One drawback... I noticed leaving the propellers on while storing in the MA carrying case, the propellers deform. They bend a bit. I noticed it only after slight drift and had some scratches from the props on the top of the drone.
Now I use the second set, but remove the props always before storing...

Reactions: john2k
I purchased one set of the MA props just to see how they perform and I have been satisfied in their performance; less noise and longer noticeable battery life. I will be buying another set soon, as I no longer want to use the original DJI props. They are worth the extra cash for sure.

I purchased one set of the MA props just to see how they perform and I have been satisfied in their performance; less noise and longer noticeable battery life. I will be buying another set soon, as I no longer want to use the original DJI props. They are worth the extra cash for sure.
Do you remove the props before storing them in the carrying case?
Mine were bend after a while...

Do you remove the props before storing them in the carrying case?
Mine were bend after a while...
At least for me, everything is fine with the propellers up to now; even though I store them with the drone in its carrying hard-case. I have noticed that the space is more tight than with the original propellers, but not that tight to cost a bend.

At least for me, everything is fine with the propellers up to now; even though I store them with the drone in its carrying hard-case. I have noticed that the space is more tight than with the original propellers, but not that tight to cost a bend.

Just remove some foam from the top
part of the case so it doesn’t interfere
with the props, I think it’s better than
putting the wear on the motors !!

I have a set coming tomorrow. I’ll try to do a short video comparing the noise level.

I had a set of these and it was all going well until I adjusted the basic gain settings as recommended in the instruction leaflet.
After that was set, the Drone kept drifting to the left eventually it damaged a prop and I had to send it back to MA..
I may try it again but this time will do it outdoors when it first flies - Very strange as I had tried flying indoors with the MA props fitted (before the gain adjustment) and all was stable..

Now I use the second set, but remove the props always before storing...

Isn't that going to be more of a risk of damaging the mechanism that clips the Propellers in properly? I'm concerned to do such a thing as I think it just introduces more risks

Reactions: rafkt
Just got a set and tried them today. Definitely quieter and the lower pitch is a big difference in terms of drawing attention. People and birds didn't even notice me flying in the area

Reactions: ABHIII
I noticed leaving the propellers on while storing in the MA carrying case, the propellers deform. They bend a bit.

Is it the props at the bottom of the mavic as it sits in the case that is getting deformed? Because I did notice it is tighter to get into the mavic pouch but the main reason I saw was because of the foam padding at the bottom. I pressed the foam down hard with my finger to try and create a bit more space and it now seems to go in easier. However, I do think the foam might bounce back.

I just did a indoor hover test with the original props and then swapped out with the MAS props and changed gain to 85, 100, 95, 100 as per the MAS instructions but I cannot seem to notice a difference in sound. Wondering maybe because it's indoors in a confined space. I will try and outdoor test and see.

I tried it with the MAS props outside. I think it's mainly the pitch of the noise that I can notice has changed. But a concern is that I set the gain parameters as per the instructions and I took the Air off outside and let it hover at about 2meters height, it's a clear sunny day with very little wind. I let the Air hover and noticed from time to time it was contantly trying to correct it's position, at one point it started moving jut like it would if wind was hitting it and it counters it by coming back. But there was no wind. I never did a proper hover test like this with original props to see if the same thing happens with OEM props. Question is, how much movement is acceptable? If I take off and hover it, is it supposed to stay there spot on with minimal movement?

Last edited:
I have the V2 and applied the settings given on the card that comes along with the. I have had zero problems and like the lower pitch. I do not remove the props when storing. But you do have to be careful as they are a bit more flexible than the stock props. So far so good!

Reactions: DeltaTango
When DJI comes out with an improved prop I'll try those, until then I'll make some popcorn and watch like I did with the V1.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69