DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew "Stealth" props V1 and V2 - did you buy them without knowing of the motor current errors?

Maviac

Reactions
If you (like me) purchased the Master Airscrew props (V1) PRIOR TO MAS publicizing the motor error issue and have continued to see the error messages please message me. I don't want any personal info, I'm just trying to get a count of how many folks bought these props (after, it appears, MAS already knew this was a problem).

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I did not know of the motor error issue or I would have waited until it was resolved or at least more was known about it.

Reactions: Babaganoosh
I bought them a week before the V2 props were released and knew of the issue but thought that changing the gain would solve this issue. It doesn't completely solve it while in sport mode

I bought v1. I haven't really used them due to seeing so much about the errors. I'm surprised they didn't disclose that information better. I probably wouldn't have bought them had I known.

I may or may not buy version 2.

If you (like me) purchased the Master Airscrew props (V1) PRIOR TO MAS publicizing the motor error issue and have continued to see the error messages please message me. I don't want any personal info, I'm just trying to get a count of how many folks bought these props (after, it appears, MAS already knew this was a problem).
V2 out now with different gain setting and higher efficiency that completely eradicates the errors.

This Thread now redundant. (Unless you want to whine on about how they should never have sold etc etc etc).

I have the v1’s AND the v2’s now and can confirm, no issues with the v2’s whatsoever. Occasional errors appear on the v1’s in sports mode but I shall keep the v1’s as spares.

Reactions: ohaeman
I also have purchased the V1 propellers one week before they announced the V2.

Now the STRANGE THING: I received the propellers 2 days prior to the V2 announcement. And then if I look on the Downside of the propeller close to the center there is a "V2" gravure/print on the propeller. The packaging says nothing neither V1 not V2 on it.
Can this mean these are already the V2s? Can you guys check if you have also V2 printed on the Back of your V1 or V2 propellers?

I have not yet fly my new props.

Sorry for spam, but already found the answer on the main V2 thread:

All Mavic Air STEALTH propellers manufactured and shipped after 23rd of May 2019 are Second Generation(v2).
How to confirm? - each propeller is engraved with "V2" on the bottom of the blade near the propeller hub.

Did not know at the time of purchase. Contacted MAS, they told me to change gain settings. I did change gain settings but still got random motor current error messages. Let them know that I was still getting random error messages and they went ghost on me after that. Wish I knew this at the time of purchase.... I would love the V2 but I am not going to give them any more dinero until they offer a discount to people who purchased V1. Great prop for MA otherwise.

I get that error too..not sure if I see it every time but I just ignore and keep flying...flew it quite a bit while camping last weekend and didn't notice anything wrong while flying...

I bought v1 knowing about the motor errors and the fix for the errors. Installed, set gain, no problems. No bees!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Anyone else experiencing drifting with V2s on hover?
I've been flying with the V2 props for several weeks, and I haven't noticed any drifting at all, at least no more than I occasionally saw with the OEM props. And that drifting was most likely due to wind.

Larry

V2 here also, no drifting.
No motor errors either. No changes made to setup, just swapped props and flew.

I recently installed the MAS props on my MP. I started noticing a 3-flash yellow sequence from my status light. I prefer all slow green flashes - lol. I switched back to the standard props and the flashes stopped immediately. I noticed a discussion in a forum that mentioned the MAS props as a possible contributor. Is this a known issue/ (I didn't see much in a search)
Just thought I'd mention it.

I was looking at these, but are they really worth it, even at $20?

Are they that much quieter?

Do they really improve your flight time?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme