DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mastershots Issue

Matt8900

Reactions
So yesterday I picked up my Air2S.
After unboxing and setting the drone up I headed out to a local spot to fly.
Mastershots is something I will probably not use so much, however yesterday I could not use it atall.

So after flying around and using up a full battery, my second battery I attempted to try mastershots and was met with an error which left me unable to try it....
The error read somthing along the lines of 'flight route will reach maximum height limit, either lower the drones altitude or change the settings'
Now no matter what I did, it simply did not change anything....I tried having the drone as low as I could, I change the mastershot settings to height as small, my max altitude within the settings was at 400ft, I even tried setting the max altitude at the max I could do, yet still I got the same error.

I know this thing is new but does any one have any ideas?

Mastershots is something I will probably not use so much, however yesterday I could not use it atall.

So after flying around and using up a full battery, my second battery I attempted to try mastershots and was met with an error which left me unable to try it....
The error read somthing along the lines of 'flight route will reach maximum height limit, either lower the drones altitude or change the settings'
Now no matter what I did, it simply did not change anything....I tried having the drone as low as I could, I change the mastershot settings to height as small, my max altitude within the settings was at 400ft, I even tried setting the max altitude at the max I could do, yet still I got the same error.

Hi,
have you solved this issue?

Hi,
have you solved this issue?
I haven't tried mastershots since, however the only thing I noticed when looking back was I was in some sort of flight restriction zone. I'm not sure if it wanted me to unlock the zone first, however I'm not sure if it would have let me fly in the first place if that was the case, so I'm not sure.

Similar thread here on DJI forum:

and

here:

Reactions: Landlordsplace
Has anyone gotten a fix to this? Mastershots refuses to work for me. I'm not in a restricted zone, I've adjusted the Mastershot paramaters to every possible combination, I've followed DJI customer service's instruction to download the Assistant to my PC and update both the drone and the remote, I've set maximum altitude to 1600m - NOTHING works. I got MasterShot to work ONCE and every other time since it tells me the same stupid "flight route will reach maximum height limit, either lower the drones altitude or change the settings" error.

Nothing like dumping $1,500 on a drone (with bundle and CareSense) for it to refuse to work properly.

Has anyone gotten a fix to this? Mastershots refuses to work for me. I'm not in a restricted zone, I've adjusted the Mastershot paramaters to every possible combination, I've followed DJI customer service's instruction to download the Assistant to my PC and update both the drone and the remote, I've set maximum altitude to 1600m - NOTHING works. I got MasterShot to work ONCE and every other time since it tells me the same stupid "flight route will reach maximum height limit, either lower the drones altitude or change the settings" error.

Nothing like dumping $1,500 on a drone (with bundle and CareSense) for it to refuse to work properly.
I'm in contact with a DJI software programmer. He is analyzing my log files and all the coordinates I sent.
The solution is under development.

Unfortunately these days they have been fully absorbed by the flysafe database bug (Unable to take off 30064). Now it's all over and they are focusing on less blocking issues.

i tried mastershots for first time this morning and got same error message.
finally i lowered my altitude and it worked ok.
having said, i wasn't blown away by the mastershots maneuvers.
it's nice but imho the other quick shots are good for my needs.

From DJI:

The issue has already been confirmed as an application bug and will be fixed in the next firmware update. Thanks for forwarding this to our knowledge and our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Are yoi in any any sort of authorization zone or altitude limit zone?
yes but it's the last zone. I did a unlock on the area but got busy and didn't have the time to test it.
I am sure that was the problem.
over 12 miles from any airport. crazy

update on the altitude max 0ft.
I did a unlock and the master shots still doesn't work.
what a pain in the ***.

From DJI:

The issue has already been confirmed as an application bug and will be fixed in the next firmware update. Thanks for forwarding this to our knowledge and our apologies for the inconvenience that it has caused.
thank you so much will try in a couple of days again

I'm having the same issue with my drone, and it has the latest firmware. I am in the US. First time I tried MS, I did everything the OP did.

Change the max altitude in the main settings

Same issue just now. First attempt with master shots. Very disappointed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929