1. iPad mini4 cellular - 11.2.1
2. Go4 - 4.1.18
3. Magic Pro - 01.03.0800
4. Remote - 01.03.1000
5. Flight database - 01.00.01.04
6. Basic flysafe - 01.00.01.05
7. Precise flysafe - 01.00.01.07

8. Assistant 2 - 4.1.6 on Windows 10

Good morning. Could somebody please help me with some advise. I am an inexperienced new Mavic owner but still have my battered P1 in the air. I have 1 hour flying with this Mavic in very remote open terrain. The following warnings were observed;
1. Precise database needs updating
2. Strong radio interference (several times)
3. Weak GPS (once)
(Items 2 and 3 surprised me as l am in Africa and literally miles away from anywhere!)

Max range was 200 meters
Max altitude was 50 meters
No control problems were experienced during flights and felt l had full control at all times.

With reference to the above list,
what should I do to optimise my settings? Can l just upgrade my Precise Flysafe without suddenly finding I'm updating everything?...... and if l can, how do l do it?
After reading many posts here I'm worried about doing something that will mess things up!
Thank you.

1. iPad mini4 cellular - 11.2.1
2. Go4 - 4.1.18
3. Magic Pro - 01.03.0800
4. Remote - 01.03.1000
5. Flight database - 01.00.01.04
6. Basic flysafe - 01.00.01.05
7. Precise flysafe - 01.00.01.07

Your aircraft and your remote should be on the same firmware. If you're not going to update to the latest and greatest, I would suggest rolling them both back to .700.
How to rollback Mavic firmware

The following warnings were observed;
1. Precise database needs updating

You can ignore this if you want. If you're in the middle of nowhere Africa, it shouldn't matter if you update it either.

2. Strong radio interference (several times)

Do you have your device in airplane mode? Sometimes iPads and phones can interfere with the remote signal, causing the noted interference or limited range.

3. Weak GPS (once)
(Items 2 and 3 surprised me as l am in Africa and literally miles away from anywhere!)

This depends. Did you wait for the GPS signal to acquire satellites before flying? Were you under some sort of cover, like trees?

Max range was 200 meters
Max altitude was 50 meters

This is because were in beginner mode or you haven't signed on with your DJI account. DJI limits you until you register with them and sign on to the app and your account. If you're flying without Internet access or cell signals most of the time, you might want to seriously consider rolling back your firmware to .700 or before, as this requirement was not implemented until later. Nothing is worse than arriving at the best spot to fly in the middle of nowhere, only to find that DJI has limited your flight because you haven't signed in lately on your account.

No control problems were experienced during flights and felt l had full control at all times.

With reference to the above list,
what should I do to optimise my settings?

No change in "settings" is required. See the other reasons for your potential problems. Settings have nothing to do with the limits and issues you're having, other than if you're in beginner mode.

Your aircraft and your remote should be on the same firmware. If you're not going to update to the latest and greatest, I would suggest rolling them both back to .700.
How to rollback Mavic firmware

RPM Moz
Can l just upgrade the specific item? If so How?

You can ignore this if you want. If you're in the middle of nowhere Africa, it shouldn't matter if you update it either.

RPM Moz
Ok

Do you have your device in airplane mode? Sometimes iPads and phones can interfere with the remote signal, causing the noted interference or limited range.
RPM Moz
I was not in Airplane mode.

This depends. Did you wait for the GPS signal to acquire satellites before flying? Were you under some sort of cover, like trees?
RPM Moz
GPS was acquired and there was no cover at all.

This is because were in beginner mode or you haven't signed on with your DJI account. DJI limits you until you register with them and sign on to the app and your account. If you're flying without Internet access or cell signals most of the time, you might want to seriously consider rolling back your firmware to .700 or before, as this requirement was not implemented until later. Nothing is worse than arriving at the best spot to fly in the middle of nowhere, only to find that DJI has limited your flight because you haven't signed in lately on your account.
RPM Moz
Was in normal mode and active track. Altitude and distance were my personal limits by choice.

No change in "settings" is required. See the other reasons for your potential problems. Settings have nothing to do with the limits and issues you're having, other than if you're in beginner mode.
RPM Moz
Sorry, l was referring to the version numbers, not the actual settings.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000