DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Matheson Park Sunrise and the Miami River December 2021

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a 4:12 minute video of the sunrise at Matheson Park in Coral Gables, FL (Miami), and the river traffic and bridge openings and closings along the Miami River, a vital recreational and commercial artery of the city. The video features still images, timelapse sequences, and drone videos and images. Gear includes a Nikon D750 body, a Nikkor f/3.5-5.6 lens, 28-300mm, as well as the Mavic 2 Pro drone, Really Right Stuff tripod, and software includes Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and LRTimelapse 5.

Beautiful video Dale, and the music too. I like how you added some bird talk along the way.

beautiful, sunrise lapse was great
i just bought a Nikon z5 mirrorless camera a few weeks ago , its my 2nd favorite toy now

Nicely done and great location. Good choice of music. I like the bridge openings and closings along the river.
Thank you!

Is Pattaya in Thailand? I was stationed there once.

Dale

This is a 4:12 minute video of the sunrise at Matheson Park in Coral Gables, FL (Miami), and the river traffic and bridge openings and closings along the Miami River, a vital recreational and commercial artery of the city. The video features still images, timelapse sequences, and drone videos and images. Gear includes a Nikon D750 body, a Nikkor f/3.5-5.6 lens, 28-300mm, as well as the Mavic 2 Pro drone, Really Right Stuff tripod, and software includes Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro and LRTimelapse 5.

Did you use a Turns Pro in one of those opening sunset time lapse, or was that a pan done in post? Cool video.

Canadian Drone:

Finally,
you are the first to notice the motion-lapse!!! I sold my $3000 motion time lapse three axis slider through e-bay about a year ago for $1500. It was too heavy to travel with. (Dynamic Perception). I found the neatest little substitute! Using an iPhone on timelapse, and the Osmo 4 gimbal on a tripod, I was able to produce this motion lapse! For videos explaining this, go to Your Tube, DJI- OM4 or OM-5 and look for Motion Lapse function. I found this one but there are more; You can also do it with the Osmo Pocket in a device that will hold it to the iPhone and you use the iPhone for the screen rather than the Osmo pocket screen which is too tiny form my eyes.

There is a second motion lapse in the river scene at the beginning of the river segment.

Here is a video I found on You Tube but there are more.

Dale
Miami

Canadian Drone:

Finally,
you are the first to notice the motion-lapse!!! I sold my $3000 motion time lapse three axis slider through e-bay about a year ago for $1500. It was too heavy to travel with. (Dynamic Perception). I found the neatest little substitute! Using an iPhone on timelapse, and the Osmo 4 gimbal on a tripod, I was able to produce this motion lapse! For videos explaining this, go to Your Tube, DJI- OM4 or OM-5 and look for Motion Lapse function. I found this one but there are more; You can also do it with the Osmo Pocket in a device that will hold it to the iPhone and you use the iPhone for the screen rather than the Osmo pocket screen which is too tiny form my eyes.

There is a second motion lapse in the river scene at the beginning of the river segment.

Here is a video I found on You Tube but there are more.

Dale
Miami

I didn’t know the osmo pocket could do that, cool. I have one I think I’ll experiment with. Of course o noticed🤪

I bought this gadget, called the Turns Pro. It’s inexpensive not $3k wholly cow. It’s small works off aa batteries, lightweight. Can’t use a big heavy DSLR with it though. Check it out.

I didn’t know the osmo pocket could do that, cool. I have one I think I’ll experiment with. Of course o noticed🤪

I bought this gadget, called the Turns Pro. It’s inexpensive not $3k wholly cow. It’s small works off aa batteries, lightweight. Can’t use a big heavy DSLR with it though. Check it out.

For your interest, and you have a little time, here is the website of the motion timelapse slider and controller I owned. It was called the 3 axis pan/tilt slider and NMX controller (computer) by Dynamic Perception. Watch a few of their videos. It was a fantastic piece of equipment. I shipped it ahead to Montana for the summer stays, etc. It holds the Nikon DSLR.

www/dynamicperception.com
On this video in Montana watch 4:21 or the whole thing, which is loaded with timelapse sequences,

I will check out your link. For doing motion lapse you will need something to hold the Osmo Pocket and iPhone. I'm not sure they still make it but I bought the Ulanzi unit from Amazon. Here is a screen shot. If that is not available, try PGY Tech too.Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 9.51.51 AM.png

Beautiful video! Well done!

@1:46 Miami video

Was the frame sizing with black bars done on purpose?

For your interest, and you have a little time, here is the website of the motion timelapse slider and controller I owned. It was called the 3 axis pan/tilt slider and NMX controller (computer) by Dynamic Perception. Watch a few of their videos. It was a fantastic piece of equipment. I shipped it ahead to Montana for the summer stays, etc. It holds the Nikon DSLR.

www/dynamicperception.com
On this video in Montana watch 4:21 or the whole thing, which is loaded with timelapse sequences,

I will check out your link. For doing motion lapse you will need something to hold the Osmo Pocket and iPhone. I'm not sure they still make it but I bought the Ulanzi unit from Amazon. Here is a screen shot. If that is not available, try PGY Tech too.View attachment 140065
I have the Cameron 120 manual slider not computerized. I use my 4/3rds G7 with it because it’s light. A heavy camera makes it bow in the middle. I wanted a computerized slider but too expensive. I bought the G7 because my x5s lenses worked well with it, but sold my I2 this summer, wasn’t using it.

That sounds like quite the slider you had, shame to unload it. I see it worked well in your videos they look good.

Really good video work @Dale D!! Precision flying. Your editing is superb. Good choice on the music also.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000