DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Matrix metering, center weighted?

Synephrine

Reactions
Hi guys,

I tried looking through the manual and am not having any luck finding info on where to adjust the metering mode from matrix, spot, or center weighted. For some reason, I feel like I saw center-weighte selected in a recent flight, but back on the ground, I can't find where this setting exists.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: mereflyer
I tried looking through the manual and am not having any luck finding info on where to adjust the metering mode from matrix, spot, or center weighted. For some reason, I feel like I saw center-weighte selected in a recent flight, but back on the ground, I can't find where this setting exists.
It uses centre-weighted by default.
If you tap the point on the screen on the point you want to focus on, you'll see the green focus area square move to that point.

Reactions: mereflyer
Got it. Yeah I know it will autofocus wherever you tap on the screen, but was wondering if there is the option to change to spot metering or matrix metering with the camera set to full manual mode.

Got it. Yeah I know it will autofocus wherever you tap on the screen, but was wondering if there is the option to change to spot metering or matrix metering with the camera set to full manual mode.
Tap the small green square in the upper right of the screen and it changes to a yellow spot metering icon.
You can then touch the screen where you want to expose for.
i-JtTLT43-M.jpg

i-JwhX7qh-L.jpg

There is the option to map center weighted metering to the C1/C2 button. However, i can’t see anything happening to the feed/focus(maybe I’m just blind)

There is the option to map center weighted metering to the C1/C2 button. However, i can’t see anything happening to the feed/focus(maybe I’m just blind)
I'm having the same issue with mine. My app also doesn't have the selection button on the top right for focus/metering. Maybe it's the app version that is preventing this.

I'm having the same issue with mine. My app also doesn't have the selection button on the top right for focus/metering. Maybe it's the app version that is preventing this.

So I realize that the feature gets available once you select either of the auto camera modes,
Does not really make sense to me.

Tap the small green square in the upper right of the screen and it changes to a yellow spot metering icon.
You can then touch the screen where you want to expose for.
i-JtTLT43-M.jpg

i-JwhX7qh-L.jpg
this seems to be available only in photo mode, is there a way to choose what to expose for in video mode as well? that toggle button for focus/exposure is no where to be found when I switch to video?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000