DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav3 and Mini 3 can now fly FPV

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm excited that I'll be able to fly FPV with my Mav 3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro. I already have the the new motion controller and the Goggles 2 from my Mini 3 Pro so they will work with that but using them with my Mav 3 Pro will, I think, be a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I'll order another set of the controller and goggles or if I'll just bind them back and forth or whatever. Wish the Mav3 Pro had been bundled with just the RC Pro but it wasn't (you had to buy 2 extra batteries) so now I'll have another RC controller that I really don't need. Sigh...

What??? This is what I'm trying to figure out. I have a Mav 3 Cine and DJI Goggles 2 (that came with the Avata). I can't get them to work. I'm guessing you saw some update somewhere?

I think someone mixed up the apple juice and Mike's Hard Cider last night.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
What??? This is what I'm trying to figure out. I have a Mav 3 Cine and DJI Goggles 2 (that came with the Avata). I can't get them to work. I'm guessing you saw some update somewhere?
Connect each of them to your computer and do the updates on the goggles, controller and drone. Then you should be able to pair. That is what I had to do.

Reactions: Torque
I'm excited that I'll be able to fly FPV with my Mav 3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro. I already have the the new motion controller and the Goggles 2 from my Mini 3 Pro so they will work with that but using them with my Mav 3 Pro will, I think, be a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I'll order another set of the controller and goggles or if I'll just bind them back and forth or whatever. Wish the Mav3 Pro had been bundled with just the RC Pro but it wasn't (you had to buy 2 extra batteries) so now I'll have another RC controller that I really don't need. Sigh...
Ok. Let me get this straight. I need the motion controller to use the Goggles v2 with my Mavic 3, right? I am currently using the rcn1 controller with tripltek 8.
I just want to be CLEAR on what I need to fly FPV with my M3 and the Goggles 2.
Thank you for your time. :)

Ok. Let me get this straight. I need the motion controller to use the Goggles v2 with my Mavic 3, right? I am currently using the rcn1 controller with tripltek 8.
I just want to be CLEAR on what I need to fly FPV with my M3 and the Goggles 2.
Thank you for your time. :)
You need Goggles 2 or Integra and the Motion Controller 2 to fly your M3 FPV.
Unfortunately they have not enabled a regular remote. I have two RCs, RC Pro, FPV controller 2 and standard motion controller so I need the Motion Controller 2 if I want to try it.

I come to all this nonsense as a old hippy hang glider pilot. Flying FPV...looking down on the world is magical and puts me back in the air...without dry desert air blowing past me...and I'm altitude limited with a drone whereas in my kite I got to 18,200 at on one flight. sigh... :)

I come to all this nonsense as a old hippy hang glider pilot. Flying FPV...looking down on the world is magical and puts me back in the air...without dry desert air blowing past me...and I'm altitude limited with a drone whereas in my kite I got to 18,200 at on one flight. sigh... :)
18,000 ft. on a hang glider?!!! Wow! I get uncomfortable over 10-12,000 ft in a Cessna 182! Don't know why, just start to get butterflies. Did you have a supplemental oxygen rig?

Congrats on your new fpv toys, have fun!

18,000 ft. on a hang glider?!!! Wow! I get uncomfortable over 10-12,000 ft in a Cessna 182! Don't know why, just start to get butterflies. Did you have a supplemental oxygen rig?

Congrats on your new fpv toys, have fun!
No oxygen. Today, at 72 I have a hard time at 10,000 feet. It's quite a story but essentially started to get sucked up into a huge cumulus cloud over Crested Butte. I had a very hard time getting down and at one point considered jumping free of the kite and using my parachute but I did three very dangerous "wingover" maneuvers that lost me enough altitude that I was then able to spiral down in a very tight spin. It was a glorious flight over and hour and a half. The launch was over 10,000 feet, I think, but it's been roughly 40 years so I could be corrected on that.

It's weird because none of the release notes for the goggles or aircraft mention it...
I think the firmware update comments do and the current sales page talks about the new abilities. I went flying yesterday but didn't take the time to try it. Soon.

For me this is the closest I've ever come to flying in a hang glider, flying with a retired TWA pilot and man I wasn't prepared for the intense G forces involved with coring a thermal, or the tow plane for that matter either. One of my fondest memories of flight, although if we had been in the air another 5 min I would have lost my breakfast. Very GLAD that didn't happen!1 (85).jpeg

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
The problem with supporting a stick controller is engineering needs to be done to make either the goggles work with the non-FPV RC's, or the aircraft work with the FPV RC 2.

I expect the latter will happen, not the former.

Then we can get the popcorn and listen to all the crying and moaning by Mavic3 and Mini3P pilots about having to buy the FPV RC 2. 😁

Last edited:
The problem with supporting a stick controller is engineering needs to be done to make either the goggles work with the non-FPV RC's, or the aircraft work with the FPV RC 2.

I expect the latter will happen, not the former.

Then we can get the popcorn and listen to all the crying and moaning by Mavic3 and Mini3P pilots about having to buy the FPV RC 2. 😁
Several videos today showing this workaround. Not sure how stable and risk free it is...

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
For me this is the closest I've ever come to flying in a hang glider, flying with a retired TWA pilot and man I wasn't prepared for the intense G forces involved with coring a thermal, or the tow plane for that matter either. One of my fondest memories of flight, although if we had been in the air another 5 min I would have lost my breakfast. Very GLAD that didn't happen!View attachment 163296
Gliders fly much faster than hang gliders thus have a much larger radius when coring a thermal. On one occasion I actually cored a thermal faster and inside the the radius that a sailplane was using. He flipped me off. I was concentrating too much to laugh but it was a fantastic moment. I kept going up inside his very wide circle.

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
I'm excited that I'll be able to fly FPV with my Mav 3 Pro and my Mini 3 Pro. I already have the the new motion controller and the Goggles 2 from my Mini 3 Pro so they will work with that but using them with my Mav 3 Pro will, I think, be a lot of fun. I'm not sure if I'll order another set of the controller and goggles or if I'll just bind them back and forth or whatever. Wish the Mav3 Pro had been bundled with just the RC Pro but it wasn't (you had to buy 2 extra batteries) so now I'll have another RC controller that I really don't need. Sigh...Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I have a Mav 3 Cine and DJI Goggles 2 (that came with the Avata). I can't get them to work. I'm guessing you saw some update somewhere?

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S