DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavi Mini flight restrictions in GTA

Mini6ix

Reactions
Greetings everyone...

New Mavic Mini owner and first time flyer... I am looking for some info regarding the restrictions if flying my Mini as it is less that the 250G requirement for restriction. Since technically I guess it is considered a toy drone, does that mean I can use it places like Sunnybrook or the Beaches?

Just trying to get some info as I am itching to try it out but do no want to be " that guy " who is blissfully unaware!!

it appears that it is not restrictions in the air space that the MM is exempt from just the need to register it, and take the exam that others have to take to get in the air in Canada

Looks like Transport Canada has been asked this many times now that the Mini is out. They’ve clarified that there are no airspace restrictions on drones under 250 grams, but you must fly smartly, and not put people or aircraft in danger.

I’d still avoid airports and follow altitude restrictions, even when authorization zone unlocking comes out next month.

Looking at it from a practical perspective, the MM can go quite high, definitely over 400ft and quite far that it could easily get in the way of air traffic just as much as any other drone. True toys usually can't get much higher or further than 100ft or so.
But being so light, it's not likely to cause much damage as bigger and heavier ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo