DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1\2\3 stability

spyrorx

Reactions
Is there any difference between Mavic 1\2\3 in terms of stability (especially in low height)?

Can't make a comparison but in daylight and low enough for the VPS to be working I find the M2P/Z is rock solid unless it's fighting gusty conditions but even then the video is rarely disturbed.

Between the three mentioned, try the number 2.
The camera quality has changed quite a bit from the Mavic Pro and is well worth the upgrade to the 2 or 3. The Mavic3 braking can be seen as very abrupt compared to the Mavic2 and from some information I’ve seen, may have been modified via some firmware update that I’m not willing to do. I just let it jerk to a stop as programmed.
You would not be disappointed with the Mavic2 Pro or the Zoom.

RE: Is there any difference between Mavic 1\2\3 in terms of stability (especially in low height)?
As for stability, I have flown a Mavic 2 Pro over the north coast of Maui, Hawaii several times over the last three years. Stunning, reliable performance despite gusty winds exceeding 40mph. I'm all in on the Mavic 2 Pro (smart controller, 5 batteries, goggles). Solid unit.

I own all of them.
I can tell you the most solid is the Mavic 3 locking the position. The Mavic 2 Pro is pretty good too since they are large drones. The Mavic Air 2S is really good as well. No drifting.

Overall all DJI drones are pretty good. The larger the drone is, the easiest to handle wind.

They are not like the old drones that drift a few inches correcting the position. That was less accurate GPS units but the new ones are really good.

I usually do long exposure at night, shooting fireworks with the M3, 100 ISO f/9, 3-5 secs with no problems, so quite stable, you just need to let it hover a few secs for it to stabilize completely. They you pixel peep on Lightroom and you can see that in most pics there's no trepidation at all.

You can also check the stability with the telephoto, you zoom in at 28x and there's no movement at all, just like if you were using a tripod on the ground.

All DJI drones are quite stable, and the gimbals are good, the Autel Evo Lite+ for example, despite the drone itself being quite stable, the gimbal was constantly moving around, so you couldn't do long exposure at all.

DJI_0094_2000pix.jpg

DJI_0304_2000pix.jpg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000