DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1 Pro not flying smoothly during Litchi waypoint mission

peteonthefly

Reactions
Just recently I flew a waypoint mission with my Mavic Pro using Litchi. Takeoff was uneventful, but once airborne, the drone started lurching forward and almost stopping, lurching forward, then almost stopping. It seemed to only do this while flying forward, and not when flying sideways. The drone successfully flew the entire mission without incident, but as you can imagine, the video showed slight dips every couple seconds as the drone abruptly slowed. I have never seen this behavior before now and have used Litchi to fly many waypoint missions before this experience. Does anyone have any thoughts?

I have seen this behavior with Litchi when I am too close to an obstacle, in my case a tree. I found that if I was even within 25-30ft it would pause for a second and then continue normally.

What changed?
Any Updates?
Any Calibrations?
As far as I know, nothing changed. It is a mission that I had flown a year earlier and it flew just fine. I think I am going to do some “new” short missions to test this and see if I can figure out what is going on. Thanks for the reply. Suggestions always welcome.

I have seen this behavior with Litchi when I am too close to an obstacle, in my case a tree. I found that if I was even within 25-30ft it would pause for a second and then continue normally.
I was wondering if this could have anything to do with obstacle sensing Errors. I was flying over water completely free of all objects for a good 100 feet.

I had that happen before, also. Thought it was my sensors picking up an "obstacle"... but, nothing was there. Read previosly that it could be the "sun"... interferes with sensors when at a certain direction. I turned off my sensors and it flew normally. After that, I turned on sensors again and it has not happened since... flown fine. MP1

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks for that suggestion. I was flying over the water on a calm sunny day and there would have been lots of reflection off the water. I will try disabling the sensors and try it again.

I was wondering if this could have anything to do with obstacle sensing Errors. I was flying over water completely free of all objects for a good 100 feet.
I was about to say you might try turning the sensors off and repeat the mission.

I have learned the hard way to break a large/complicated mission into segments to test each one separately. Once satisfied, fly the entire mission for the video. Just a thought.

I've personally noticed that the older litchi versions work better with the mp1, especially since litchi hasn't added anything for the mp1 in quite a few updates. Fyi

I've personally noticed that the older litchi versions work better with the mp1, especially since litchi hasn't added anything for the mp1 in quite a few updates. Fyi
Is there a way to get an older version. I would gladly go back to an older version if it would solve this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada