DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 1PRO video from Japan

Jughead89

Reactions
Hi all,

Want to share my video from Japan with you and get some critique.

This video was done without filtres in D-cinelike mode, Shutter and ISO were set up to automatic. Raw footage (before postproduction) was very noisy so I use "neat video" plugin to solve it. What do you think about result? Do you think noise profile and color correction is OK? What should I do not to have noise in raw footage, is it better to use ND and fly with manual shutter speed?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Hauptmann
I don´t have now a good monitor with me but your images looks to me washed and blueish

ND filters won´t reduce noise, they allow to reduce shutter speed and avoid rolling shutter efect. If your video is noisy, probably you recorded it with a high ISO value.

My advice is to mount ND filters and set the camera to manual

Noticed ISO was at 100, so that is not likely the issue. Recommend using manual settings and experimenting until you’re happy with the videos.

According to the screen copy in the video, you're in automatic Sunny mode although it seems the weather was cloudy. May be this is the reason why the video is bluish.

Hi Jughead ...the comments above are likely helpful but I am no video expert to add to it. Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed it on my MacBook Pro screen. The landscape colours were rich and I liked your ending.
All the best in growing your skills...from Down Under.

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your ideas. I changed settings to manual, style to custom (+1 ; -1; -1) and add ND to reduce shutter speed. @Bernard, I think that you're correct that video is bluish because of the wrong white balance settings. Made one more video, think it looks better now.

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi guys, thanks a lot for your ideas. I changed settings to manual, style to custom (+1 ; -1; -1) and add ND to reduce shutter speed. @Bernard, I think that you're correct that video is bluish because of the wrong white balance settings. Made one more video, think it looks better now.

Much better images now.
Recommend a bit longer on each subject as I had trouble... about the time I got focused the image changed. Understand it was mostly a test.
Personally, I also like transitions. But it’s just my $0.02

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu