DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2.0 Pro - Waypoints 2.0 - Create these in flight?

Reactions
Can anyone confirm whether it's possible to create a waypoint flight plan/route during a flight - by flying to each point, hovering in space at the desired point and altitude, and creating each waypoint, along with recording the Gimbal angle, drone 'direction' [its facing direction]; before flying to the next and so on and so on.

And then can this be edited offline in the same way a map created waypoint route can be in the offline mode?

I've seen plenty of videos demonstrating the Map method; but none doing the above. As we know there's no substitute for recording the actual point in the air. It was possible on my Mavic so I'm confused why I can't seem to do it on my 2.Pro...?

Thanks for the pointers.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerMav
You can record waypoints inflight with the C1 button in waypoints mode, but you cant edit them offline. The drone must be turned on (even landed) and must be turned into waypoints mode to be able edit missions

but you do have to be very as you can only edit long and lat numerically.

DA: THAT sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I've typed in lat/longs into an FMS before, and I along with many of my fellow crewmembers have all screwed up at least once. Get the wrong digit incorrect and she may be headed to Ukraine. :) Thankfully, these days the flight plan gets loaded automatically just like Go4 or Litchi.

Reactions: crlmjohnson
DA: THAT sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I've typed in lat/longs into an FMS before, and I along with many of my fellow crewmembers have all screwed up at least once. Get the wrong digit incorrect and she may be headed to Ukraine. :) Thankfully, these days the flight plan gets loaded automatically just like Go4 or Litchi.

I agree, but if you need a way to return to a known set location like the lat/long extracted from a previously taken photo this is one way you can do it.

DA: That eliminates about 90 percent of the potential problems having a known coordinate, good point. Still, one needs to be extremely careful when typing those numbers, especially from left to right. I would personally triple check the entry before committing to the fix.

I have the M2ZOOM and have only had one attempt at flying the drone and using the C1 button mark out a waypoint flight plan. Came home and with drone turned on etc edited the flight plan adding camera/video setting, gimble setting etc plus altitude speed etc. Tested it out and all went as expected. Weather has been anti flying so only one attempt as yet.

You can record waypoints inflight with the C1 button in waypoints mode, but you cant edit them offline. The drone must be turned on (even landed) and must be turned into waypoints mode to be able edit missions

Thanks - Much appreciated. I'll give that a go...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU