DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 48mp photo quality

Neillalx44

Reactions
Hi
I have just taken some garden photographs at the 48 mp setting for the first time. They look fine on my MacBook Pro, exposure, detail and clarity all good in Raw. I printed one out for a friend to see her back garden and the valley behind but the print is not acceptable! Using Epson ET7700 and Epson matt paper. I. am sure my none 48mp photographs came out better. Is this something to do with the Filters? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We are experienced amateur photographers and are used to fine quality. I will fly again weather permitting and retake the pictures at different settings.
Many thanks for any help.

Neillalx.

If things look good on your monitor it looks like a printer calibration problem.
What do other prints look like ?
Things can look vastly different on a monitor to the finished print.

It might help if you said how you went from drone to paper and what aspect of the print wasn't acceptable, is it grainy, pixelated, unsharp, poor colours, too light, too dark ?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Yes, all of the steps from drone to print. Did the image come from the SD card in the aircraft, or from the remote / device?

I have found that if you are not careful, some apps will be showing you the very small and low-quality preview image that is embedded in the full-sized DNG. In fact, even DJI Go is showing you the small preview on your device (connected to the remote).

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000