DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Accessories - what are the most important?

zeeeegerman

Reactions
hi all,

Since there is so much garbage out there in terms of accessories, i made a video showing and explaining my top 10.

What are your favorites? Did I miss any good ones ;)?

Nice review. Watched it before your post here using YouTube directly.
While not for the MPP or M2 models, here’s something my son and I use for excursions from “base camp” or when we’re just out riding bicycles, etc in order not to miss that great spontaneous photo/video op.

Reactions: Mrmund
Nice review. Watched it before your post here using YouTube directly.
While not for the MPP or M2 models, here’s something my son and I use for excursions from “base camp” or when we’re just out riding bicycles, etc in order not to miss that great spontaneous photo/video op.
Hi Thomas, thanks for checking out the video! That Armor looks like an interesting 3D printed idea for the Spark. Wonder if something like that would be practical for a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom.

Thanks for the review. I’m interested mainly in still photography. Do I still ND filters? Will the gimbal/hover hold the camera steady enough for long exposures?
Cheers

Reactions: zeeeegerman
Thanks for the review. I’m interested mainly in still photography. Do I still ND filters? Will the gimbal/hover hold the camera steady enough for long exposures?
Cheers

There have been many folks on this forum who say you do not need ND filters for still photography which makes sense to me. An ND filter reduces the amount of light to the camera which will only result in longer exposure times. By the way, I don’t have ND filters.

The stability of the gimbal on the Mavic, and the Mavic itself, is exceptional. Long exposure shots will suffer mostly due to windy conditions. I have filmed a static scene for 5 to 10 sec in low wind conditions and when you watch it the video looks like it has been paused. It’s actually quite eerie to watch.

hi all,

Since there is so much garbage out there in terms of accessories, i made a video showing and explaining my top 10.

I like this video. I would add spare props and those pgytech bands that hold the props down if you use the fly more kit man bag.

Cheers
Nd1000 gives an interesting effect during sunny days... You can watch some reviews on this topic, get a single nd16 or nd8 filter first and decide for yourself. It really depends upon your approach to the process.
I personally find that i can keep nd16 permanently on the camera for all sunny and cloudy days.

Reactions: ZooCougar
Here’s one I left out above;
Useful over water and on uneven or rocky ground. Yes it’s pricey, but not as much as my drone or the DJICare fee.

Cheers

Only if you’re interested in long exposure photography. For example, dragging the shutter to show movement to emphasize an object in motion. Same rules as terrestrial photography.

The aircraft/gimbal being steady enough varies depending on conditions and how far you’re pushing that exposure. But it’s really impressive how far you can take it on the Mavic in the right conditions.

hi all,

Nice job! Only a few items I might add or substitute including leg extenders, spare SD card and a better sized more robust cable to connect remote to phone or Ipad.

1553574983193.png

I typically use ND filters for video. In photography, I'd use them if I wanted to set the camera to a specific shutter speed and/or aperture combination for things like taking a long exposure. As for taking long exposure photos with your drone, that will depend on just how stable the drone is in the air. Wind will be a big factor.
What I'd do is go out on a dead calm day, put the drone up and start with 1/100, take a photo, slow down the shutter speed a stop, and do it again until you get really slow. Then review the photos and that will give you a basic idea of how stable the drone is on a calm day. Then try it again on a windy day and compare. That should give you a starting point.

Reactions: ff22
As we see more and more Batteries start to swell , its become more apparent than that Moisture is a key factor in this happening. The seal on the batteries just do not provide enough seal to protect the battery from moisture , rain, snow ect.

The Mavic Wet Suits do a really good job at protecting the Batteries allowing you to fly in Extreme weather conditions. The Wet Suits give a nice visual , and they make the Props a little tighter so they dont fall off so easy, add the fact that they seal the battery air tight and your good to fly.

Although we built the Wet Suits to stop the water from getting inside the drone, we now see the Full Potential of what the Mavic Wet Suits can provide the user.

Approved Vendor : Phantomrain.org
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

ORCA - Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro Wet Suit

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 6.17.04 PM.png

As we see more and more Batteries start to swell , its become more apparent than that Moisture is a key factor in this happening. The seal on the batteries just do not provide enough seal to

This is simply a total BS. LiHV cells swell due to overabuse. It is a result of chemical processes inside of the sealed envelope where battery cell sits.pressure inside builds up and swells the case. No moisture can get in there, it is sealed.
Moisture - external water - short-circuits and usually ignites it battery, if it makes contact with wires.
Marketing pitch has to be smart, not annoyingly ridiculous.

Landing pad for the Mavic's is the most important IMO.

By the way if anyone happened to find my Landing pad on a beach in Connemara Ireland where I left it I would like it returned lol!!

Reactions: Coskier and STUFF2C
This is simply a total BS. LiHV cells swell due to overabuse. It is a result of chemical processes inside of the sealed envelope where battery cell sits.pressure inside builds up and swells the case. No moisture can get in there, it is sealed.
Moisture - external water - short-circuits and usually ignites it battery, if it makes contact with wires.
Marketing pitch has to be smart, not annoyingly ridiculous.

Unfortunately that is not correct. We thought that originally also but we were WRONG, as you are.
We have tested the Batteries and they are not sealed.

Not only that , they will not ignite under water nor will the drone , so hold on to that drama as we have yet to see that happen. You seem to be mistaken about that.

The simple fact is water can get inside the battery and the battery compartment. Thus the very reason why we decided to make the Mavic Wet Suits.
its a marketing pitch that can save your drone and the battery in the rain or humidity.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that is not correct. We thought that originally also but we were WRONG, as you are.
We have tested the Batteries and they are not sealed.

Not only that , they will not ignite under water nor will the drone , so hold on to that drama as we have yet to see that happen. You seem to be mistaken about that.

The simple fact is water can get inside the battery and the battery compartment. Thus the very reason why we decided to make the Mavic Wet Suits.
its a marketing pitch that save your drone in the rain.
Cells inside of any lipo are air tight. Gas produced during deteriorating lithium chemistry is toxic, so it is not exposed. And as it is air tight, no water or moisture gets into a cell, ever.

Throw fully charged lipo into a puddle, and if it will not melt its contact wires - the excessive discharge current will overheat it and then you will get fireworks. Try it, it is fun. One of my racers burned down like that.

Reactions: io390 and 韦马可
Landing pad for the Mavic's is the most important IMO.

By the way if anyone happened to find my Landing pad on a beach in Connemara Ireland where I left it I would like it returned lol!!

I found one in Tasmania. Could that be yours? Was it blue on one side and orange on the other? Atlantic Conveyor? .?? Actually you’re a long way away, so I think I’ll keep it.

Fooling aside, some people say that a landing pad is a worthless waste of time and a rip-off. I disagree. Having a clean launching surface is very worthwhile. Keeps the crap out of your rotors during take-off, and is a good landing pad if you don’t want to catch. It weighs next to nothing And can also be used as a reflector for photography.

Cheers

Hi basophil, thanks for checking out the video. To answer your question, if you are interested in getting some motion blur based on your creative choice for a photograph and the conditions are bright, you can use ND filters to help lower the shutter speed. Of course, normally you could raise the F-Stop to compensate but unfortunately on the M2P getting the F-Stop far away from it's sharpest setting of F4 causes the image quality to suffer. Hope that helps, let me know if you have further questions.

you could raise the F-Stop to compensate but unfortunately on the M2P getting the F-Stop far away from it's sharpest setting of F4 causes the image quality to suffer. .

This is a very good point. Keeping the aperture in the sharp range is important. I'd forgotten that M2P is sharpest at wider aperture. OK I'm convinced. We generally have bright sunshine in Australia. ND filter to keep aperture in the sweet spot makes sense for still photography.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123