DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 and dji smart controller go share error Help

Cashy16

Reactions
Hi all,

I have issues with my mavic 2 zoom and dji smart controller, the drone and controller are all linked together and it flys lovely however I’ve read the forum, read all the you tube help and tutorials and can’t find a fix.

ISSUE IS

I have the photo/videos on the smart controller taken from the drone and follow the go share option on the smart controller and it says open dji go on your phone, which I have, apple iPhone 11 pro, it then asks to scan the qr code to sync. My phone just keeps refusing to go anywhere past this and states unable to join the network smart controller ......

the WiFi is linked , it links with Bluetooth....

any ideas please I’m loosing the will to live at the moment .....B13B25D0-A3BF-48B8-849E-9FBFF2C22F1D.jpegB13B25D0-A3BF-48B8-849E-9FBFF2C22F1D.jpegD1191D57-0FDE-4469-B0C0-453215114EBD.jpeg

Hi all,

I have issues with my mavic 2 zoom and dji smart controller, the drone and controller are all linked together and it flys lovely however I’ve read the forum, read all the you tube help and tutorials and can’t find a fix.

ISSUE IS

I have the photo/videos on the smart controller taken from the drone and follow the go share option on the smart controller and it says open dji go on your phone, which I have, apple iPhone 11 pro, it then asks to scan the qr code to sync. My phone just keeps refusing to go anywhere past this and states unable to join the network smart controller ......

the WiFi is linked , it links with Bluetooth....

any ideas please I’m loosing the will to live at the moment .....View attachment 88499View attachment 88499View attachment 88500

I have the SC and an android phone, but on mine it connects over wifi. Once the SC gets to the QR code point, just leave it sit and open the dji go 4 app on your phone. Tap on editor in the bottom row, and then "go share" on the top right. It should then search and find the SC hotspot and give you the choice to connect with it. It will then show you the photos and videos on the SC. Pick the ones you want and download them. They will download to your photo gallery. Like I said this is with the Android version of dji go 4 app, but I would think it would be similar on iPhone. Once you power down the SC, your phone will reconnect to your local wifi you were using prior to linking to the SC. Hope it works for you.

Additionally, if it just won't connect you should be able to open your wifi settings on your phone and scan for it. I believe that it is just an open network that you should be able to connect to manually. Then go back to the go Share screen and the files on the SC should show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashy16 and ff22
Just in case this isnt obvious, you have to go to your phone settings and turn on hotspot. The swipe down on the display of your SC and long press the wifi symbol. At this point you connect to your iPhone. If its the first time you've done this you'll have to type in the password.

Reactions: Cashy16
I have the SC and an android phone, but on mine it connects over wifi. Once the SC gets to the QR code point, just leave it sit and open the dji go 4 app on your phone. Tap on editor in the bottom row, and then "go share" on the top right. It should then search and find the SC hotspot and give you the choice to connect with it. It will then show you the photos and videos on the SC. Pick the ones you want and download them. They will download to your photo gallery. Like I said this is with the Android version of dji go 4 app, but I would think it would be similar on iPhone. Once you power down the SC, your phone will reconnect to your local wifi you were using prior to linking to the SC. Hope it works for you.

Additionally, if it just won't connect you should be able to open your wifi settings on your phone and scan for it. I believe that it is just an open network that you should be able to connect to manually. Then go back to the go Share screen and the files on the SC should show up.
Hi thanks for your time replying, I’ve tried the above, iOS must be slightly different as when you hit editor in the dji app on the phone and select go share it asks for the qr code and brings up the qr code finder screen, I scan the qr code and it just fails every time. I’ve tried activating the smart controllers hot spot for go share and linking the phone to the sc hotspot to but that fails to.... I shall retry it all later and update.....

it’s strange it all works on the guys doing the video demos and blogs on you tube very simply and easy....????‍♂️??‍♂️

Well I’ve managed to get the smart controller to link with my Apple iPhones hotspot and tried to go share again, scanned the qr code and failed, and also opened go share and editor on the phone and waited for the phone - sc to link using the hotspot but they won’t link through go share even thought the smart controller and phone are showing connected when looking at the WiFi settings.
it’s a mystery.......

Zero help. It's not an open network password is 88888888 and I'm in Android here ive had to manually connect to hotspot if smart controller and it still doesn't get discovered. It was working fine then it just quit

Well I’ve managed to get the smart controller to link with my Apple iPhones hotspot and tried to go share again, scanned the qr code and failed, and also opened go share and editor on the phone and waited for the phone - sc to link using the hotspot but they won’t link through go share even thought the smart controller and phone are showing connected when looking at the WiFi settings.
it’s a mystery.......
Try putting the SD card in a card reader. Then just select the files and do a drag and drop to your computer. Then select them again. Move the to the trash and empty it. That clears the card files of the vids/images. Eject the card and reinsert in your drone... takes longer to type this than todo it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty