DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 and maintenance

HerManSoft

Reactions
Hi guys

I consider the Mavic 2 pro, a product that borders on perfection, at present.
I feel really good with this drone,
a little less with the lens upgrades of the Software in Italy by DJI (among other things not in Italian) but we come to my question.
Do you need maintenance?
obviously, like every object subject to wear, I imagine yes, but which one?
If someone has long or good experience, could he list the ordinary and the extraordinary?
This to-do list could help keep the aircraft efficient over time.
Question: is there or is there no maintenance to be performed after or before the flight and in the time? and over time? (months)

thanks and greetings from Italy.

My first dji drone was the air. Has me completely hooked. Shortly after I received the Zoom.
Very impressed
I wipe mine down with a damp cloth . don't know where all the bugs comes from.
Every month I like to use my compressor to blow out the air vents.

My first dji drone was the air. Has me completely hooked. Shortly after I received the Zoom.
Very impressed
I wipe mine down with a damp cloth . don't know where all the bugs comes from.
Every month I like to use my compressor to blow out the air vents.
A curiosity, do you use a small compressor, or a normal one, keeping the air gun far away?
last thing, the gimbal, hold it steady with your hands while you blow? I ask you, because it seems to me that the air intakes are behind.
P.S (sorry for my bad english)

Thanks for the advice.
Could you outline the risks involved by using compressed air.
my compressor is very small. pressure is set very low.
As far as I noticed, there is no air vents behind gimbal on mavic 2.
I admit I might be wrong on that point.

Thanks for the advice.

The one risk I can see is that if you use too much pressure (actually flow and air speed) you could break the little internal fan blades, or put pressure on the fan bearings. If you check and estimate how much air internal the fans produce and don’t go much beyond that I would think you would fine.

The thing is because of their design and as long as the AC hasn't been in a bad crash and left unseen damage then there is very little that can go wrong. Its all solid state apart from the gimbal plus the motors are brushless and can go on and on for years lol. Keeping the AC clean and inspecting your propellers before or after each flight is a good habit to form. Sometimes the tiniest cracks might appear and they might take another 10 flights to crack further but closely inspecting is the best form of maintenance in my opinion.

Reactions: ff22 and Mossiback
Yearly oil & filter change and new blades every 200 flights or so (even if they look OK)
Don't forget to wipe down the blades with a solution of prop wash mixed with water at a 2 to 8 ratio. And an occasional application of frequency grease for the transmitter.

Reactions: kilomikebravo
If you are having compass problems, you might want to add a little relative bearing grease!
So at the end of the fair,
for normal use, (hobby)
there are no particular precautions or maintenance to be carried out,
Example: no lubrication
but only a thorough cleaning.
Well, even happier.
thank you all

Thanks for the advice.
I guess if you are talking really low pressure, like you would get from canned air, all may be ok. I had my compressed air system in my head which is a normal 100psi system, and that is something I wouldn’t want blowing grit into my drones internals

Lmao you guys are jerks, relative bearing grease lol how long did he stand at Canadian tire looking for that jk.

Funny posts, and legit initial question. The Mavic 2 is such a well designed and engineered sUAS that I’ve ended up using mine commercially at least twice a week for the past 2 years with no plan in slowing down. The only maintenance I employ are a good regular cleaning with a damp quality microfiber cloth, close visual inspections before and after each flight, changing out props periodically, re-calibrating the gimble and controller about monthly regardless, always transporting secure and well padded, along with the regular software/firmware updates. I’ve had no mechanical issues with my Pro, and after so much use will be compelled to purchase a comparable model once this one simply wears out, however, like the Mavic 2 setup so much that I’ve been carefully considering purchasing a pre-owned unit with low usage because it does basically everything I require. Happy flying all.

Reactions: Greenflash
If you subscribe to AirData.com, they provide a Maintenance Program and do the time tracking. I use thier schedule. AirData has different levels of service and not all levels have Maintenance tracking.

Reactions: Greenflash
IMG_9105.JPG
My AirData maintenance program has just flagged a battery for under performing. Time for another replacement battery:(

Always worth checking the props for any dents, cracks and importantly the 3 mounting lugs periodically.

On mine i check the props, check screws are tight, blow the motors and fan area with some compressed air to remove any dust and dirt, clean the OA sensors and camera lens.

I also track battery cells and so on.

To be honest the thing that always worries me the most on Mavics are the batteries, both secure and potential wear and failure. Those are the weak part. The drone itself is solid.

I’d be careful blowing compressed air through vents.
+1 on that... I personally would use one of those keyboard and computer vacuum tips (has the brushes on the end) to do the job. I'd rather remove by vacuum rather than pushing by pressure. I found one of those vacuum adapter kits at the 99 cent store :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada