Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic 2 Atti mode

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone else mention it so, just in case anyone is interested, I can confirm that it is possible to switch the M2P into ATTI mode by changing the mapping on the flight mode switch using the same DJI Assistant functionality as with the MP. I altered the Sport mode setting (8) to ATTI (3).

It doesn't quite work as seamlessly as on the MP - if it is switched to ATTI before motor start it gives the usual "mode switched to ATTI" message, but on motor start it switches back to P-GPS. Switching it to ATTI after motor start works correctly.

el_powpow

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch, i really need atti mode for training purposes and DJI Told me its not possible on the m2p. Good to know it can be done.

Talley

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. This just told me to upgrade to the current DJI assistant too

gnirtS

Reaction score
Very useful - i wasn't expecting older versions to work with or talk to the drone.

I guess you can't remap the tripod direction of the switch to it?

gnirtS

Reaction score
Thats even more useful. I dont use sport much but like it as a backup in case the wind catches me out. Tripod i rarely use. Could be useful...

gnirtS

Reaction score
So latest one to flash firmware then the old one for ATTI.

I dont really use assistant at all in every day life so just changing that parameter will probably do. I'd just assumed they'd make it deliberately incompatible.

rfc

Reaction score
You will need the current version for anything else you want to do - 1.1.2 doesn't properly work with the M2, but it will read and write parameters.
I'm looking for the thread from ages ago wherein you tell us how to change parameters in 1.1.2. (for the regular MPP).

Joola

Reaction score
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Hopefullu this doesn’t get patched in future FW updates.

sar104

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm looking for the thread from ages ago wherein you tell us how to change parameters in 1.1.2. (for the regular MPP).
This applies to working on a Mac - it's a little more involved on a PC. Use the standard method to access developer tools (command-option-I), then go to Local Storage: file://
screenshot70.png

Set "debug" to "1" and "debug_enabled" to "true":

screenshot71.png
Then connect to the aircraft, choose "Parameters" on the left, and filter for "fswitch":

screenshot72.png
Here I've changed the right switch position Sport mode setting (mode[1]) from 8 to 3, which is ATTI. In this list, mode[0] is the Tripod switch position (left) and mode[2] is P-GPS (center).

WARNING: do not play with settings that you don't understand, and note that the default parameters governing height limits, NFZ settings and other firmware safety features cannot be overridden - they are fixed, so don't bother trying.

nil

Reaction score
Can this be done with a DJI Assistant version < 1.1.2 as well? I have a old 1.1.1-2 installation on my laptop.

Talley

Reaction score
Is that a trick question?
Nope. I’ve gone 67mph on the phantom 3 pro in atti mode. Gotta get high go full throttle downwind and full down stick. You get crazy fast.

The current models non atti just reduce power and won’t let you go faster than 45mph. You need atti mode to do it.

Reactions: Fplvert

sar104

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Nope. I’ve gone 67mph on the phantom 3 pro in atti mode. Gotta get high go full throttle downwind and full down stick. You get crazy fast.

The current models non atti just reduce power and won’t let you go faster than 45mph. You need atti mode to do it.
The point is that it depends entirely on the wind speed. You simply add the top speed of the aircraft (airspeed at maximum pitch) to the local wind speed to get the resulting ground speed.

Reactions: Floater

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T1 Drone Services