DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 batteries out of stock lots of places but.....

offtheback

Reactions
BH Photo New York has the flymore kit for $299.2 batteries+extras for less/same than 2 batteries.

BH Photo New York has the flymore kit for $299.2 batteries+extras for less/same than 2 batteries.
Thank you for the heads up. My M2 batteries aren't giving me the flight time that they once did and I was thinking about getting a couple new batteries, but wanted to wait. But the fact that they are in fact in short supply, sell for $179 each (plus tax) pushed me over the edge.

I just ordered the kit from B&H. Having a Payboo card saved me $30 in sales tax as well. If I'd purchased 2 batteries from Amazon, with tax it would have been $394 rather than $299. And I get another set of props, another charging bank and a M2 bag, which I like the size of- even for the Minis.

Thanks again.

Thank you for the heads up. My M2 batteries aren't giving me the flight time that they once did and I was thinking about getting a couple new batteries, but wanted to wait. But the fact that they are in fact in short supply, sell for $179 each (plus tax) pushed me over the edge.

I just ordered the kit from B&H. Having a Payboo card saved me $30 in sales tax as well. If I'd purchased 2 batteries from Amazon, with tax it would have been $394 rather than $299. And I get another set of props, another charging bank and a M2 bag, which I like the size of- even for the Minis.

Thanks again.
My pleasure!I need to get that Payboo card.

My pleasure!I need to get that Payboo card.
Out here a Paybood card from B&H is almost essential with 10%- 10.25% sales tax that we get dinged. This past year I've purchased an iPad Mini and a Mini 3 Pro and a bunch of other stuff from B&H. This deal plus essentially tax exemption alone saved me nearly $100. Of course as soon as I get the kit I'll pay off the Paybook card without even waiting for the statement. I guess the deal is that the bank feels that they'll get enough folks that don't pay off the card at once and that the interest on the card is something like 29% interest if you don't pay it off, plus penalties if you miss a payment. I just use it for the tax savings. Othewise I'd use my other card that has 2% cash back. But I'd rather have the 10% discount.

BTW... as an unrelated public service announcement, the US Treasury, though treasurydirect.com is selling iBonds with current yield of 9.6% interest. You can purchase up to $10k of them annually. The interest rate floats, but with the direction of the prime and inflation being what it is, I think it's the best place to park money that might be languishing in a standard savings account or low interest bonds.

Reactions: John G.
Out here a Paybood card from B&H is almost essential with 10%- 10.25% sales tax that we get dinged. This past year I've purchased an iPad Mini and a Mini 3 Pro and a bunch of other stuff from B&H. This deal plus essentially tax exemption alone saved me nearly $100. Of course as soon as I get the kit I'll pay off the Paybook card without even waiting for the statement. I guess the deal is that the bank feels that they'll get enough folks that don't pay off the card at once and that the interest on the card is something like 29% interest if you don't pay it off, plus penalties if you miss a payment. I just use it for the tax savings. Othewise I'd use my other card that has 2% cash back. But I'd rather have the 10% discount.

BTW... as an unrelated public service announcement, the US Treasury, though treasurydirect.com is selling iBonds with current yield of 9.6% interest. You can purchase up to $10k of them annually. The interest rate floats, but with the direction of the prime and inflation being what it is, I think it's the best place to park money that might be languishing in a standard savings account or low interest bonds.
I'm going to screen grab this Treasury deal and send it to my pension plan manager for his opinion. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Droniac
I sorta predicted the M2 Pro battery shortage as one of the reasons to push me to sell my M2P and get the M3.

Another worthwhile buy is this external battery pack.charges 2 M2P batteries at a time.From 25% remaining on battery will charge about 3 batteries to full when out in the field.Attractive price.Works great without interrupting flying if you have about 3-4 batteries as the batteries won't start charging until they have cooled down from the flight

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 9.52.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-09 at 9.52.44 AM.png
    933.7 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Bramavic2
I'm going to screen grab this Treasury deal and send it to my pension plan manager for his opinion. Stay tuned.I sorta predicted the M2 Pro battery shortage as one of the reasons to push me to sell my M2P and get the M3.

I have a paid financial advisor, but he cannot do the investment for you. You have to go on and set up and account and do it yourself. Here is the fine print (paraphrased)...
You can buy up to $10k bonds per year electronically, and can purchase an additional $5k "on paper" which would be paid on tax refunds (not sure if that's interest only?). You can be gifted an additional $5k per year. You must hold onto the bonds at least 1 year. The interest is floating (not sure how often it is re-calculated). If you cash the bond before 5 years, 3 months of interest is deducted from the payout. I'm not sure how it all works if the account is subsequently inherited.

The way I see it is that even if you cash out early, after a year you only lose the last 3 months of interest. The way I see it is that there isn't a safer investment that has this yield. I look at my portfolio of long term investments and IRA and am seething mad. I don't know if I will live long enough to see it recover (yet again). I'll withold further comments.

As far as batteries go, I've had my M2P for two years. I don't know how long before the batteries were manufactured. I've let the batteries self discharge if I've charged them and not flown them. And to be honest, for me, the M2P has many more advantages than the M3 than disadvantages. The way I see it is that the M3 has a few more features and more resolution but would go unappreciated. The M2P has more than enough resolution for most people who might view my images and videos. FWIW I gifted the building a 36" x 12" print taken with my M2. It is absolutely stunning. I could have gone much bigger but thought a larger print might not be received as well. Just saying.

1665333670744.png

Reactions: PHZ
Another worthwhile buy is this external battery pack.charges 2 M2P batteries at a time.From 25% remaining on battery will charge about 3 batteries to full when out in the field.Attractive price.Works great without interrupting flying if you have about 3-4 batteries as the batteries won't start charging until they have cooled down from the flight
I can see the benefit to that charger. I wanted to check it out but couldn't find it on Amazon. Discontinued? I have a Hanatora charger, which doesn't have an internal battery, but does a great job. Can charge up to 4 batteries, but can charge only 2 at full power simultaneously. With 3 batteries, I'd put 2 in the Hanatora and one in the DJI charger and be ready to go in a little over an hour from fully deplected. The new FM kit will expand my simultaneous charging capability. But I think for now I'll keep the new batteries in reserve and not charge them until I'm ready to swap them in to replace the older batteries. Not sure, but thinking about it.

1665334139235.png

Reactions: offtheback
I can see the benefit to that charger. I wanted to check it out but couldn't find it on Amazon. Discontinued? I have a Hanatora charger, which doesn't have an internal battery, but does a great job. Can charge up to 4 batteries, but can charge only 2 at full power simultaneously. With 3 batteries, I'd put 2 in the Hanatora and one in the DJI charger and be ready to go in a little over an hour from fully deplected. The new FM kit will expand my simultaneous charging capability. But I think for now I'll keep the new batteries in reserve and not charge them until I'm ready to swap them in to replace the older batteries. Not sure, but thinking about it.

View attachment 155648
Try putting

Smatree Mavic 2 Pro 148Wh Portable Charging Station High Speed Docking Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Intelligent Flight Battery​

into the Amazon search box.There's also a 20% coupon at checkout.

I have a paid financial advisor, but he cannot do the investment for you. You have to go on and set up and account and do it yourself. Here is the fine print (paraphrased)...
You can buy up to $10k bonds per year electronically, and can purchase an additional $5k "on paper" which would be paid on tax refunds (not sure if that's interest only?). You can be gifted an additional $5k per year. You must hold onto the bonds at least 1 year. The interest is floating (not sure how often it is re-calculated). If you cash the bond before 5 years, 3 months of interest is deducted from the payout. I'm not sure how it all works if the account is subsequently inherited.

The way I see it is that even if you cash out early, after a year you only lose the last 3 months of interest. The way I see it is that there isn't a safer investment that has this yield. I look at my portfolio of long term investments and IRA and am seething mad. I don't know if I will live long enough to see it recover (yet again). I'll withold further comments.

As far as batteries go, I've had my M2P for two years. I don't know how long before the batteries were manufactured. I've let the batteries self discharge if I've charged them and not flown them. And to be honest, for me, the M2P has many more advantages than the M3 than disadvantages. The way I see it is that the M3 has a few more features and more resolution but would go unappreciated. The M2P has more than enough resolution for most people who might view my images and videos. FWIW I gifted the building a 36" x 12" print taken with my M2. It is absolutely stunning. I could have gone much bigger but thought a larger print might not be received as well. Just saying.

View attachment 155647
I agree about the Mavic 2 being a great camera drone.The Mavic 3 had me drooling with its larger sensor but I also have had some 20x24 prints made that look great.The Air 2s has good image quality too.I do like the variable aperture on the M2 pro.

Try putting

Smatree Mavic 2 Pro 148Wh Portable Charging Station High Speed Docking Compatible for DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Intelligent Flight Battery​

into the Amazon search box.There's also a 20% coupon at checkout.
Found it. Looks decent. But at this point it would make little sense for me to purchase that one. For $24 I can get a 24800mAh battery and get an adapter to use the car cable to either of my charging banks. The DJI bank is super compact, though can only charge batteries sequentially.

1665335679661.png

I agree about the Mavic 2 being a great camera drone.The Mavic 3 had me drooling with its larger sensor but I also have had some 20x24 prints made that look great.The Air 2s has good image quality too.I do like the variable aperture on the M2 pro.
I learned long ago that megapixels don't really matter much. The lens is the key and I don't see the M3 having that much better quality (if any) lens than the M2 in a practical sense. Other than that, the larger sensor, of course, records less noise, but that is easily handled with noise removal programs. I wrote up a thread on that a year or two back. Video resolution is limited to the VIEWERS' equipment and the media that it's presented on. IMO there is no point to investing in a M3 for its resolution if your end view is looking at your footage via YouTube on a FHD monitor. Of course I would be able to see the difference on my UHD monitor straight off the HD. Even so, I did an experiment with 4k and FHD monitors side by side, both calibrated to be as close as humanly possible. I ran some video footage that went to both monitors simultaneously. The 4k monitor did have SOME better resolution and detail than the FHD, but I really had to focus on it to really notice. In fact, when I went to buy my 4k monitor I was wondering how much better it would be than my FHD monitor? Answer: Not as much as I thought. [4k monitor is ASUS ProArt PA279CV].

Reactions: offtheback
I sorta predicted the M2 Pro battery shortage as one of the reasons to push me to sell my M2P and get the M3.
I saw it cumin too. I have 5 unused in box. 4 to play. Glad I did. I was in stockpile mode when M3 hit. Lol
Godspeed Droniac

Found it. Looks decent. But at this point it would make little sense for me to purchase that one. For $24 I can get a 24800mAh battery and get an adapter to use the car cable to either of my charging banks. The DJI bank is super compact, though can only charge batteries sequentially.

View attachment 155651
Do you know from the specs how close the 25800 mAh one is to the Smatree?

I saw it cumin too. I have 5 unused in box. 4 to play. Glad I did. I was in stockpile mode when M3 hit. Lol
Godspeed Droniac
Good move.After buying a battery in hibernation mode can it be stored uncharged for 6 months to a year+ without damage to its useful life?

For anyones info that wants a battery for the M2P/Z, they are in the DJI store again (along with numerous other redundant drone models) . . .

Reactions: Droniac
Do you know from the specs how close the 25800 mAh one is to the Smatree?
The 25800mAh is only a battery bank while the Smatree allowed you to attach the M2 batteries directly to it, much like the Hanatora. The battery bank would possibly work with the DJI charging hub, of which I will own two as of this coming Wednesday.

Just as a reminder, if the battery is swelling, DJI is taking care of them whether they are in warranty or not. There are a few support hoops to jump through, but they do have the ability to replace them, but only if swelling.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike