Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Battery Part 2 ?

Jaldmead

Reactions
Last edited:
Reactions: Venomvip
Hi,

Im confused as to what the part 2 battery is. It seems the same as the standard battery, but is being sold at a different price. I just want to make sure i'm getting genuine DJI battery

Part 2 battery : Amazon.com: DJI Mavic 2 Part 2 Intelligent Flight Battery: Camera & Photo

Normal battery: https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Intellig...eywords=mavic+2+battery&qid=1589710667&sr=8-1

Thanks
Andrew
part 2 is the Enterprise battery which has self heating built into it. this is useful to warm the battery first before flying in cold winter weather

Speaking of batteries lol, I've lost two of mine. smh I know there somewhere in the house. I just can't find 'em lol.

obviously the self heating batteries work with the non enterprise but do they also heat? or just run like a normal mavic 2 pro battery when used on non enterprise

I would hope (expect) the M2E batteries heat as an option, only when needed for below the usual limits for cold weather.
Or maybe they heat via firmware when temps are below a certain level.
They must be the same design, and also subject to heat developed swelling.

I would hope (expect) the M2E batteries heat as an option, only when needed for below the usual limits for cold weather.
Or maybe they heat via firmware when temps are below a certain level.
They must be the same design, and also subject to heat developed swelling.
they heat when you are trying to fly in very low tempatures, allowing you to fly in 14F weather

Don't all of the batteries heat when you start to run them? Mine do and I don't believe they're Part 2. When I fire up the bird in too-low temps, DJI GO will give me a temp warning, so I hover around a bit waiting for them to warm up before the reach a temp that is acceptable (the GO message mentions the temp).

Do the Part 2 batteries heat the batteries without the engines running? That would be nice. Both would take power, but at least we're not putting wear on the motors to warm them, if so.

Chris

Don't all of the batteries heat when you start to run them? Mine do and I don't believe they're Part 2. When I fire up the bird in too-low temps, DJI GO will give me a temp warning, so I hover around a bit waiting for them to warm up before the reach a temp that is acceptable (the GO message mentions the temp).

Do the Part 2 batteries heat the batteries without the engines running? That would be nice. Both would take power, but at least we're not putting wear on the motors to warm them, if so.

Chris
i believe the self heating ones you can turn on prior to using them and they will heat up to proper temp.

part 2 is the Enterprise battery which has self heating built into it. this is useful to warm the battery first before flying in cold winter weather
Well, you learn something new everyday! I have 2 of the Part 2 batteries. I assumed the add was writen by someone who didn't know what they were talking about. So I just examined my four batteries. 3 of them have a couple of symbols on the back that 1 does not have. When I bought the M2Z new, I bought 2 batteries. Then, at different times I bvought 2 batteries from Amazon that had the "Part2" description. So, EXACTLY HOW can you tell the Enterprise battery from the regular M2 battery?

Well, you learn something new everyday! I have 2 of the Part 2 batteries. I assumed the add was writen by someone who didn't know what they were talking about. So I just examined my four batteries. 3 of them have a couple of symbols on the back that 1 does not have. When I bought the M2Z new, I bought 2 batteries. Then, at different times I bvought 2 batteries from Amazon that had the "Part2" description. So, EXACTLY HOW can you tell the Enterprise battery from the regular M2 battery?
that i cant answer

Do the Part 2 batteries heat the batteries without the engines running? That would be nice.

Yes, they have heating coil inside for this feature. To activate it power button should be pressed and hold for 5s.

So, EXACTLY HOW can you tell the Enterprise battery from the regular M2 battery?

By "Self-heating version" inscription on the label.
DJI_FB2_3850_15.4V_M2E(2).jpg

Reactions: Jeff A
Well, I have purchased at least two the the Part Two batteries and they are not self heating. This is based on the photo from everBit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000