DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, First Impressions

jaja6009

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just got my aircraft in and I can't wait for the first flight. I updated my firmware, registered the aircraft and am awaiting my stickers for my FAA registration number. I have not flown the aircraft, only turned it on and viewed the thermal camera.

• You would think this is an Enterprise Dual or Advanced when you open the case
  • It comes with one battery - Buy the Enterprise Fly More Kit, its a must
  • It comes with a Smart Controller
  • It comes with 1 year of DJI Care Enterprise Shield (Mine auto-activated and sent a confirmation email)
  • It seems like the larger gimbal with the cameras stacked on top of each other may limit your ability to look up compared to the Enterprise and Enterprise Dual, I will confirm
  • The resolution on the thermal is incredible, makes the Enterprise Dual I use at work look like a toy
  • THERE IS NO RANGE SHOWN!!! This is a big problem for me. I only toyed around for a minute or two, but I could not find a setting to show the minimum and maximum temperatures in a scale bar. This feature must be made available as it allows you to help dial in anomalies and also to leave out temperature ranges you don't care about
  • I did not find where you can set emissivity, humidity or TRflec values (To attempt to obtain a true temperature as opposed to an apparent temperature)
  • The RTK Module will fit in the case attached to the aircraft
I hope that this thermal wasn't scaled down (No ability to change range value and set parameters) in an effort to make you have to purchase a Matrice, although I could fully see that being the reason. I am hoping after spending more time with it, I just could not find the settings. I know this should be able to be done in post, but my Anafi Thermal can do these things.

I will add more after I get her in the air. Hope to also compare the thermal images to the 160x120 Flir Lepton sensor in my Parrot Anafi Thermal and also my job's Evo 2 Dual.

One our Clients : The German Police just updated there drone fleet to the Advanced, Before this they had the Anafi / Parrot and they are thrilled with it . We made both the Wet Suit and the Rescue jacket for them with all the Insignias I think your going to love it. . , one of the reason they moved to the DJI was to make it more Weather Resistant among others, I will be keeping watch , , thank you

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Enterprise in the Rain and land on Water. ,

I just got mine in yesterday. It's really nice. The thermal camera is as great as others have reported... although I'm not sure if I missed something, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to RAW .dng still photos. I'm starting to worry this Advanced model cannot do something the previous Enterprise models could.

Okay I still did not fly the aircraft but I snapped several thermal images.
The DJI Thermal Analysis Tool does not let me change parameters like emissivity and the like.
FLIR Tools does not recognize it as a R-JPEG.

This may be going back very quickly to the vendor.

I can kind of accept no thermal tuning live, although I would be very disappointed, but if I cannot further tune in post this is a deal breaker.

Okay I still did not fly the aircraft but I snapped several thermal images.
The DJI Thermal Analysis Tool does not let me change parameters like emissivity and the like.
FLIR Tools does not recognize it as a R-JPEG.

This may be going back very quickly to the vendor.

I can kind of accept no thermal tuning live, although I would be very disappointed, but if I cannot further tune in post this is a deal breaker.

Check out this thread , let me know if this can work:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Enterprise in the Rain and land on Water. ,

Reactions: jaja6009
I spoke with my vendor today and he stated DJI is planning to introduce a new version of the DJI Thermal Analysis Tool. He also stated that the lacking temperature scale bar and emissivity and other parameters could be added in updates.

I also opened a support case with DJI through email so I will update all what information I obtain from them.

I really want this drone to be my thermal solution, but as it is right now 640 resolution on the thermal lacking the ability to tune during flight as well as post tuning is a reason for me to return the aircraft and suck up whatever restocking fee there is. I do not want a Mavic 2 Dual with 640 resolution, but more in line with an HT20T spec thermal that can be used for most industrial use cases.

If my Parrot Anafi Thermal had 640 resolution it would be perfect. The thermal's integration into the flight control software is spot on, you can tune during flight and it works in Flir Tools for post.

Anyone else have any updates on their Advanced?

Reactions: sar104
So that is sad because based on that thread i posted regarding this problem they have know about it for a while and no update has come, I fear your going to have no choice but to send it back and be on watch for the update that may never come.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

The DJI Thermal Analysis Tool problem is I had the older version. I downloaded the tool when I placed my order in March and there is a new updated version linked off of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced page on DJI's website.

I have a support ticket in for some of the problems I mentioned and also that are on some of the early Youtube videos.

Even without the temperature scale bar and ability to change your span range, I am going to keep the aircraft as the temperature measurement box will allow me to do what I need to do although not as easily or efficiently as I would want to. The Thermal Analysis Tool will help also.

Here's hoping that new updates will address my concerns.

I am hoping to do a video comparison of the Anafi Thermal, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Autel Evo 2 Dual some time soon.

The DJI Thermal Analysis Tool problem is I had the older version. I downloaded the tool when I placed my order in March and there is a new updated version linked off of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced page on DJI's website.

I have a support ticket in for some of the problems I mentioned and also that are on some of the early Youtube videos.

Even without the temperature scale bar and ability to change your span range, I am going to keep the aircraft as the temperature measurement box will allow me to do what I need to do although not as easily or efficiently as I would want to. The Thermal Analysis Tool will help also.

Here's hoping that new updates will address my concerns.

I am hoping to do a video comparison of the Anafi Thermal, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and Autel Evo 2 Dual some time soon.

I’ve held out because of these issues. I’m waiting for more updates.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have the M2ED and it's disapointing to see that the new version can't shoot raw or the correct jpegs to use in the flir software. It almost makes the drone useless. Having an actual Flir camera (T420) and the ability to use the software in post to adjust ranges is a must. Again, DJI releasing another incomplete product. I'll be looking elsewhere in the future for drones. If I were FLIR, I'd be pissed. Even locking the cameras to auto is ridiculous. As commercial, probably more technically advanced pilots, you'd think we'd have all the options, and especially since IR drones are 2x-3x the price. This really is inexcusable.

I have the M2ED and it's disapointing to see that the new version can't shoot raw or the correct jpegs to use in the flir software. It almost makes the drone useless. Having an actual Flir camera (T420) and the ability to use the software in post to adjust ranges is a must. Again, DJI releasing another incomplete product. I'll be looking elsewhere in the future for drones. If I were FLIR, I'd be pissed. Even locking the cameras to auto is ridiculous. As commercial, probably more technically advanced pilots, you'd think we'd have all the options, and especially since IR drones are 2x-3x the price. This really is inexcusable.

It's not a FLIR camera, so why are you trying to use the FLIR software rather than the DJI Thermal Analysis software that reads the R-JPEGs? And why would FLIR be pissed about it?

Reactions: Recoveryone and jfo
The DJI Thermal Analysis not working was my fault. I had downloaded the app when I placed my preorder. I did not realize that between then and now a new version was released. It does work now. While it is a little less functional and less polished than FLIR Tools, it does work and is pretty easy to use.

The lack of camera settings and advanced flight modes is disappointing though because the Autel 640T has the same ones as the standard and Pro Evo 2.

My opinion is that the temperature span will be coming and possibly the ability to change parameters in flight (emissivity, humidity, TRflec). Without the temperature span and the ability to narrow down temperature ranges you could miss something on an inspection, so for now you will have to tune in post to make sure you don't miss something.

I have a FLIR 80x60, 120x80, 320x240 and this DJI thermal sensor really lets you see some detail up close. I can now easily see the sheetrock nails, thermal bridging of every stud in the wall. The high resolution and low NETD really take out the noise in your thermographs as well. The FLIR Lepton 160 sensor has so much noise in it.

Reactions: jfo and sar104
Some comparison images to show the difference between the DJI 640 and Parrot Anafi Thermal 160 sensors.

Missing insulation in my wall.

P0990561.JPGDJI_0014.JPG

Low Sloped Roof with moisture in the insulation under the built up membrane. Notice that for this use case the Anafi's low resolution sensor CAN be used, although the 640 really give you detail about each strip of membrane.

flipped.jpg
DJI_0038.JPG

Hazmat Usage in determining overpack drums liquid level.

DJI_0079.JPGP6991902.JPG

Me

P0500051.JPG
DJI_0016.JPG

The black hot palette is very interesting on a person. While I am light brown with black hair this palette makes the infrared emitting off of me very dark and my hair white. I do have some cold toes here! LOL.
And I blame Covid for my weight gain, LOL.P0550056.JPG

The Lepton 160 sensor cannot get any detail on a person at all, just an outline up close.

DJI_0052.JPG

A man playing with his dogs.

Attachments

• P0060006.JPG
    P0060006.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
It's not a FLIR camera, so why are you trying to use the FLIR software rather than the DJI Thermal Analysis software that reads the R-JPEGs? And why would FLIR be pissed about it?
That's odd considering the actual camera on the drone says thermal by FLIR.
On DJI's own site under the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual it litteraly says "Integrated Radiometric FLIR® Thermal Sensor"

On DJI's own site under the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual it litteraly says "Integrated Radiometric FLIR® Thermal Sensor"

Not really odd at all - it just requires you to notice that this thread is not about the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, it's about the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced.

Reactions: jfo

Yes, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced does not use a FLIR thermal core. It uses a Chinese sourced thermal and word on the street is that it is the same core as found on the Matrice 300 RTK's H20T camera. I have not heard anything concrete on who makes it. Autel uses IRay cores.

To add some drama to the thermal saga, FLIR has finally after 3 or so years made radiometric Boson cores. They are listed on the FLIR website in a number of configurations. Its only a matter of time before these cores end up in drones.

I just got mine in yesterday. It's really nice. The thermal camera is as great as others have reported... although I'm not sure if I missed something, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to RAW .dng still photos. I'm starting to worry this Advanced model cannot do something the previous Enterprise models could.
You are right it CAN'T . . just flew mine first time yesterday although it's a significant IR Search and Rescue solution but lacks so much of the other Mavic 2s . . like RAW format or 16:9 or ANY smooth zoom . . IR adjustment features like you noted . . It's just a great camera with no features or typical adjustments , , and I haven't found any Course lock . . . home lock or similar . . no tap n fly etc . . I miss my old ZOOM. I've very impressed by the new cameras but not with the overall result. Mission features I've become used to at sadly lacking.

And even the IR only has side by side viewing not superimposed like the ED . . . guess they lost the rights from FLIR . . it's just less useful without it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000