DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced

I bought mine in April. I really like the platform, Geo-Fencing sometimes gives trouble, but that seems common.
The IR is terrific. The Smart Controller is great,
It costs so much though, I am always afraid of a fly away.

Hey, I don’t have the enterprise, but the mavic series have been awesome. Great drones, never lost one!

I have one and I like it a lot. Is it perfect? No, not al all, but I have never owned anything perfect.
A quick summary

Thermal resolution is excellent. The NETD or ability to see the difference between temperature is very good too. The thermal camera as of right now is missing a bunch of basic thermography settings like Span/Range (View, Adjust, Lock), Isotherm and setting of parameters. So for quantitative thermography you might be disappointed. The thermal images do not work in Flir Tools, but DJI has made an in house tool and while not as mature and slick as Flir Tools, will let you be able to make a thermographic report.

The normal 48mp camera is pretty good, but you are stuck with AUTO settings which are hit or miss, especially in low light situations. As with the other Mavic Enterprise drones you are missing the cool flight modes.
The zoom is good for SAR but do not expect to be able to read license plates at long distance. It is digital zoom and gets pixelated pretty bad. For SAR it is decent enough though.
It comes with a complimentary Enterprise Shield protection plan.

I had to send mine back and got a replacement as the thermal imager what ghosting very bad. The process took about 3 weeks from initial contact. The new drone they sent is problem free so far.

I do recommend it and I do hope and think that firmware upgrades in the future may fix some of the problems I listed above. Some of my other posts on this subject have examples of images, let me know if you need anything specific image wise.

If you're in the market, Autel has just relased the Evo 2 Dual 640R with a radiometric Flir Boson core (Its about time Flir!) and they also have the Evo 2 Dual and 640T.

I have one and I like it a lot. Is it perfect? No, not al all, but I have never owned anything perfect.
A quick summary

Thermal resolution is excellent. The NETD or ability to see the difference between temperature is very good too. The thermal camera as of right now is missing a bunch of basic thermography settings like Span/Range (View, Adjust, Lock), Isotherm and setting of parameters. So for quantitative thermography you might be disappointed. The thermal images do not work in Flir Tools, but DJI has made an in house tool and while not as mature and slick as Flir Tools, will let you be able to make a thermographic report.

The normal 48mp camera is pretty good, but you are stuck with AUTO settings which are hit or miss, especially in low light situations. As with the other Mavic Enterprise drones you are missing the cool flight modes.
The zoom is good for SAR but do not expect to be able to read license plates at long distance. It is digital zoom and gets pixelated pretty bad. For SAR it is decent enough though.

I had to send mine back and got a replacement as the thermal imager what ghosting very bad. The process took about 3 weeks from initial contact. The new drone they sent is problem free so far.

I do recommend it and I do hope and think that firmware upgrades in the future may fix some of the problems I listed above. Some of my other posts on this subject have examples of images, let me know if you need anything specific image wise.

If you're in the market, Autel has just relased the Evo 2 Dual 640R with a radiometric Flir Boson core (Its about time Flir!) and they also have the Evo 2 Dual and 640T.
I also have the M2EA and I love it as well. I've bought it mainly for industrial inspections, but so far there hasn't been too much work, especially not thermal. I still love the drone, despite it's shortcomings. What applications do you use it for? Would you be willing to share some details? Maybe we could learn from one another, if you're interested.

A quick summary

I just stumbled onto your post. I am thinking of taking the ITC thermography level I course and looking into a drone business specializing in thermal type services. It is initially looking like a bunch of capital is needed to get the ball rolling and to even start gaining any kind of experience in the field.

I have a friend that works for Pacific Gas and Electric and is in the inspection side of the house. He says the contractors they hire must use FLIR tools to generate the reports on distribution and transmission line inspections, and must be thermography certified (mostly to be able to recognize false readings).

Any advise in this area?

Thanks,

Matt

This drone uses a Chinese iRay sensor and the images will not work in FLIR Tools.
The Autel Evo 2 Dual R does use a FLIR 640 Boson radiometric. It will work in FLIR Tools.
The other options are the older Flir Tau2 based sensors that work with the Inspire 1 and the Matrice series drones (Not 300 RTK).

I would see why any industry like gas and electric would want the people inspecting their assets, would insist upon them knowing what they are doing through verifiable certification and also using proven hardware and software.

That being said, I find the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to meet my needs, especially for Search and Rescue. I also find that for qualitative inspections it works very well.

The Autel Evo 2 Dual R is out of my price range and also it lacks an accident protection plan, but if I could afford it, I most likely would of chosen it over the Mavic 2 EA.

Reactions: Retired13374
I just stumbled onto your post. I am thinking of taking the ITC thermography level I course and looking into a drone business specializing in thermal type services. It is initially looking like a bunch of capital is needed to get the ball rolling and to even start gaining any kind of experience in the field.

I have a friend that works for Pacific Gas and Electric and is in the inspection side of the house. He says the contractors they hire must use FLIR tools to generate the reports on distribution and transmission line inspections, and must be thermography certified (mostly to be able to recognize false readings).

Any advise in this area?

Thanks,

Matt
"I've bought it mainly for industrial inspections, but so far there hasn't been too much work, especially not thermal."

Unless you already have a known source of qualified thermal type service clients, who are also willing to pay what you need to charge to be profitable and realize a decent return on your upfront capital and time investment, or you are really savvy at sales and marketing, the quote above says it all. All the certifications and experience in the world won't help if there isn't work to be done that isn't already being fulfilled by others far more qualified. It's 95% marketing and connections, and 5% work. Invest your capital and time somewhere else, where there is far less competition and where there are far more lucrative unfulfilled opportunities.

Reactions: Retired13374
This drone uses a Chinese iRay sensor and the images will not work in FLIR Tools.
The Autel Evo 2 Dual R does use a FLIR 640 Boson radiometric. It will work in FLIR Tools.
The other options are the older Flir Tau2 based sensors that work with the Inspire 1 and the Matrice series drones (Not 300 RTK).

I would see why any industry like gas and electric would want the people inspecting their assets, would insist upon them knowing what they are doing through verifiable certification and also using proven hardware and software.

That being said, I find the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced to meet my needs, especially for Search and Rescue. I also find that for qualitative inspections it works very well.

The Autel Evo 2 Dual R is out of my price range and also it lacks an accident protection plan, but if I could afford it, I most likely would of chosen it over the Mavic 2 EA.
Thank you!

"I've bought it mainly for industrial inspections, but so far there hasn't been too much work, especially not thermal."

Unless you already have a known source of qualified thermal type service clients, who are also willing to pay what you need to charge to be profitable and realize a decent return on your upfront capital and time investment, or you are really savvy at sales and marketing, the quote above says it all. All the certifications and experience in the world won't help if there isn't work to be done that isn't already being fulfilled by others far more qualified. It's 95% marketing and connections, and 5% work. Invest your capital and time somewhere else, where there is far less competition and where there are far more lucrative unfulfilled opportunities.
I agree! Thank you for your input.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji