DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual & DJI Pilot on iOS

pablohl

Reactions
Hi there guys!!

I’ve boughy a Mavic 2ED last week and I’ve been making flights in order to test the equipment and the workflow.
I’m already aware of most limitations of this drone and specially the cameras.

leaving all those ir image quality issues apart, I’ve found a mayor problem: the iOS version of the Pilot app seems to be not stable at all.
I get constant app crashes while flying, specially if I touch the screen (checking battery status, etc...).
that’s troubling for me since the flight log on the app stops recording as soon as it crashes and I need them. :(

Does anybody get crashes on the iOS DJI Pilot app as well?

I tried both iPhone XR & iPad Pro 9.7” iOS 13.1.3 with same results.

thanks a lot for you feedback/help!!!

Pablo

(sorry about my English, is not my mothers lenguaje)

Does anybody get crashes on the iOS DJI Pilot app as well?

The current Pilot app version 1.1.1 is not adapted for IOS or iPadOS. Hence the crashes.

Nevertheless, the IOS version of Pilot lacks a lot of features compared to the Android version. It is strongly advised to use an Android tablet/phone with Pilot app.

Reactions: friocapital
Thanks a lot for your resposes.

I´ve seen that theres no waypoints option on iOS as well but i´m planning on using DJI Ground Station app for the inspections.
Regarding to MSX fusion controls, its a shame ios does not have it. I´m hoping they include it on the next update.

So it looks like its a software issue, but it might be great to get any feedback from somebody actually using any ios device, in order to check if they are getting the same issues.

Anybody using any ios device? i would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!!

I´ve seen that theres no waypoints option on iOS as well but i´m planning on using DJI Ground Station app for the inspections.
Regarding to MSX fusion controls, its a shame ios does not have it. I´m hoping they include it on the next update.

So it looks like its a software issue, but it might be great to get any feedback from somebody actually using any ios device, in order to check if they are getting the same issues.

Thanks!!

Yes, having the same issues after my Ipad updated. New Ipad firmware not compatible with DJI Pilot. It crashes after less than 5 mins and does not keep any record of the flight - not good. I have a couple of Ipads I turned the auto upgrade off on, that did not upgrade to the new Ipad OS. They fly okay and do not crash on DJI Pilot, but will not synch the flight in DJI Pilot, so cannot upload the flights into Airdata. Hopefully a fix at some point.

Thanks for contributing Kbviper!
Do you have any idea about why they re not syncing to Airdata? Is there any issue with iOS 12 as well?
some weeks ago I received a newsletter about a software app that have some of the Airdata features (not all) but worked locally and offline, cant remember the name right now but it might me an option to get that logs sorted and processed. I’ll try to find it and post it here.

The pilot app for us on IOS has been getting worse for us. Today we lost our ability to see anything on the dual flir settings. App is crashing every 30-40 seconds. And pressing RTH causes the aircrafts to buck wildly on the way back. DJI support has been extremely unhelpful up to this point. Not a enterprise class product at all.

Never update your operating system without waiting for the early adopters to report back that your flying apps will not be affected! Same with any update to your flying apps and FW! If it ain't broke, don't keep fixing it! :rolleyes: Use a dedicated device, with auto updates turned OFF, and once it is working correctly, leave it alone! Learn from your forefathers, who have all learned this the hard way themselves!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbviper
Never update your operating system without waiting for the early adopters to report back that your flying apps will not be affected! Same with any update to your flying apps and FW! If it ain't broke, don't keep fixing it! :rolleyes: Use a dedicated device, with auto updates turned OFF, and once it is working correctly, leave it alone! Learn from your forefathers, who have all learned this the hard way themselves!
In my case I’ve bought the M2ED recently after I’d already updated to iOS 13 with no issues on my other DJI aircrafts (using DJI GO 4). This is my first DJI Pilot product.

And I agree with GadgetGuy, this is not an enterprise class product support.

Again, shame on DJI. :-/

Do you have any idea about why they re not syncing to Airdata? Is there any issue with iOS 12 as well?
some weeks ago I received a newsletter about a software app that have some of the Airdata features (not all) but worked locally and offline, cant remember the name right now but it might me an option to get that logs sorted and processed. I’ll try to find it and post it here.

I’ve found it, It’s FlightReader.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the developers, and also I hadn’t tried the app.
ive just remembered it as an sort of alternative for Airdata. (With less features)

In my case I’ve bought the M2ED recently after I’d already updated to iOS 13 with no issues on my other DJI aircrafts (using DJI GO 4). This is my first DJI Pilot product.

And I agree with GadgetGuy, this is not an enterprise class product support.

Again, shame on DJI. :-/
I have also learned to use whatever platform device DJI prefers for each app, and that has always been iOS for DJI GO and GO 4, but it now appears to be Android for the new DJI Pilot app, required for the M2ED. A cautionary tale.

If the flights do not synch in DJI Pilot, they will not synch and get uploaded in the Airdata App.

I have 4 Ipad Air2s that had been great for flying. The two with OS 12.4.1 works fine while flying, but will not synch in DJI Pilot, flights shows in the APP, no shutdowns, and because it will not synch in DJI Pilot, will not synch in the Airdata App.

The two with OS 13.1.2 shut down in less than 5 mins using DJI Pilot and keeps no record of the flight. You can reboot DJI Pilot and continue flying.

Thanks!!

Im using the Smart Controller with the same issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121