DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

Carb63

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Good evening everyone. Hope all of you are having a good day.
Does anyone on the forum own MP2ED ? If so , can you share with me your thoughts on this bird , what you use it for , the results of infrared imaging if used for inspections as well as its overall use in SAR.I’m planning on getting one in the not so distance future.
TIA

Reactions: TSUPD
We have a section on it and am moving this there. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Carb63
I have the dual and it's a fine bird but be aware of a couple things.....The DJI Pilot app, not Go4 app, is what is used to fly it, there are no intelligent flight modes and the thermal camera is low res. For SAR work you would need to fly relatively low(~100ft) to have a good chance of finding a human. The few tests I've done bear that out although lots of practice would make a operator more effective. This drone is much better at fire detection than SAR work IMHO. The thermal cam is too low res overall. A step up in resolution would make all the difference to me. All things considered, I would probably buy both the M2Z and the M2P instead of the dual as you could get both for about the same price as the dual. I didn't buy it for work purposes though.

Reactions: Carb63
IMG_20190902_172135.jpg
Here's the other option which is due to go on sale very soon. Uses DJI Go 4 app with all intelligent flight modes, uses a high resolution Boson sensor (320*240) with 5 times the detection distance of the M2ED sensor. It also has the original Mavic 2 Zoom visual light sensor, so no compromise on the visual sensor unlike M2ED with its fixed lens.

The first production model, seen here, was recently delivered to International Animal Rescue in Borneo who are using it to detect forest fires around their centre, and to look for lost orangutans.

Here's the other option which is due to go on sale very soon.

I'm assuming this is a zoom modified by a third party? Any idea on cost?

View attachment 82396
Here's the other option which is due to go on sale very soon. Uses DJI Go 4 app with all intelligent flight modes, uses a high resolution Boson sensor (320*240) with 5 times the detection distance of the M2ED sensor. It also has the original Mavic 2 Zoom visual light sensor, so no compromise on the visual sensor unlike M2ED with its fixed lens.

The first production model, seen here, was recently delivered to International Animal Rescue in Borneo who are using it to detect forest fires around their centre, and to look for lost orangutans.
This awesome ! I would like more info on this setup, where can i go to inquire, i like the bikes in the background BTW.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
@io390 the product has been a road for your team, but looks & specs Great!
Best of luck for a successful launch... have this created a waiting list of Buyers?

I was re-reading some of the older threads on the project... got a little lost. Does the Boson 320 have feature that enhances the image; I thought I read somewhere that it does?

As the dust settled on design... is the GPS moved to new dome or OEM position? You mentioned doing either way.

American side... is this a RTF platform, package to add to existing M2Z, or need to purchase the Boson stateside?

Looks great, and congrats on a great project and an improvement in a small UAV design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu