Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 firmware v1.00.04.00 dual RC support added

mavicn00b

Reactions
New FW with dual RC support

What’s New?
2019.04.17 v01.00.04.00 v4.3.16 v4.3.16

Added Dual Remote Controller mode (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 or later).
Fixed issue: in some photos, the GPS information displayed was incorrect when viewed on a computer.
Fixed issue: the gimbal acted abnormally after completing a QuickShot Rocket.

With this feature added, Now I might be inclined to spend the insane amount on a smart controller ?

What’s New?

Fixed issue: in some photos, the GPS information displayed was incorrect when viewed on a computer.

With this feature added, Now I might be inclined to spend the insane amount on a smart controller ?

Could have used this information 20 minutes ago before I told someone the Mavic 2 doesn’t do dual remotes. Should have kept my mounts ?

Updating now... anxious to see how it works with Smart Controller...

Everything updated. But I'm thinking the apps need updated. No option to select Primary or Secondary

Test flight with each controller went ok.

So will wait for app update.

Last edited:

What’s New?

With this feature added, Now I might be inclined to spend the insane amount on a smart controller [emoji106]
This is fantastic. It makes the M2P even more "pro" to a lot of producers. I can't wait until this becomes a reality.

Don't forget, as mentioned above - this will not work for anyone using iPhone or iPad until that app is updated first, then anyone using Android will be able to use it once DJI gets to the Android version, and finally - months later after multiple discussions about how insane it is that DJI does not provide proper software development for their most expensive controllers - will the CS and SC users see the functionality. Still - it's on it's way ;)

Reactions: Dropyn
I am not so happy, because I dislike the IMHO too high update frequency that DJI shows but still has not fixed the firmware update problem using the GO4 App!
So I am forced to use the DJI Assistant for Mavic, which needs a PC.

I had everything set and thoroughly tested as I a preparing a trip to the US.

Now I have to start from the beginning. :-(

As a computer scientist I don't trust updates without sufficient testing and the Mavic 2 IS A COMPLEX device.

The incoming message Smart Controller latency after recent firmware update does not raise my confidence.

That the accompanying GO 4 App Version is not yet available make everything worse!

Never change a running system unless the bug is bugging you.

So I wish DJI would give us customers the option to decide whether and when we update and the preliminaries (GO 4) are published and internationally available when the firmware update is released.

Wow, a ton of new & improved features, including precision landing. Now I'm starting to wish I bought the Mavic 2 Zoom instead... might be time for an upgrade after only 3 flights and 3 weeks, lol. Wife says shut up and be happy, hmmm.

Hardly a ton!
Yeah, you're right... I read the 6 pages thinking they were all on this release! Now I see it's only the first page and all the next 5 pages are dated earlier.

What’s New?

You won’t regret it, the Smart Controller is awesome ???

Reactions: Greenflash
Okay listen, this is such a pain to read every time there's an update of any kind. Which would you rather? That they roll out the updates as they make them or hold them until they are all COMPLETELY done? So when they made the Precision Landing update, they should have held it until Waypoints was available? Or should we still be waiting since Dual Controllers isn't finished yet?

That goes for the CONSTANT complaints about how the app updates roll out. Would you rather that instead of presenting them as they have them, they should wait until ALL platforms are covered before release? So if they have the IOS update in April, they should hold onto it until June when they have the Crystalsky update finished?

Here's the reality, they aren't ever going to have all the updates ready with the first improvement but they certainly could hold the first one until the last ones are done. Pick your poison.

The iOS update for Go4 v 4.3.16 came out overnight in the app store. Yes, DJI put the cart in front of the horse on this, the dual controller firmware came out Wednesday, but the required v4.3.16 of Go4 wasn't out -- Unfortunately, my Crystal Sky monitors say they are current at 4.3.14 -- I guess they don't have 4.3.16 deployed for Android yet. Sure wish they'd support their own product on a more timely basis (not the first time you've heard that eh?)

Reactions: DroneSpain
The iOS update for Go4 v 4.3.16 came out overnight in the app store. Yes, DJI put the cart in front of the horse on this, the dual controller firmware came out Wednesday, but the required v4.3.16 of Go4 wasn't out -- Unfortunately, my Crystal Sky monitors say they are current at 4.3.14 -- I guess they don't have 4.3.16 deployed for Android yet. Sure wish they'd support their own product on a more timely basis (not the first time you've heard that eh?)
Play store has v4.3.16 for Android now as well - still not updating directly from system (still says v02.06.06.00 is most current) or app (says v4.3.14 is most current) when doing update check on Crystal Sky

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00