DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Fly More Kit worth it?

katarian

Reactions
Hello everyone,
I'm interested in knowing if a fly more kit is worth the price or not? I have a camera backpack so no need for the bag provided with the flymore kit.
I do want to get additional 2 batteries, and have a way to charge all the batteries together. So the hub and the car charger are important.
But I do see you can buy these from other manufacturers as well.
And the additional props are needed too.

So what do you guys suggest? What's the best route to take?

Thank you in advance :)

So what do you guys suggest? What's the best route to take?
Add up the cost of the accessories you're going to use and see if it's cheaper to buy them separately.

You could also check out other package deals to see if they might offer the accessories you need at a bundle price. I keep a list of daily Mavic 2 deals here:

Buy A DJI Mavic (Deals Updated Daily)

Reactions: katarian
Like msinger said above, run a spread sheet with list of items you want, unit costs, shipping, taxes.

I wanted the extra 2 batteries, I wanted the 4 battery charging hub also. Knew I'd have to buy an micros SD card so tossed that in the mix of items to price out.

Ended up with a combo package that had the size/speed micro SD card, the landing pad, a hard case and strong soft case (was not interested in the back pack option or I could have gone that route instead of a hard case).

So bottom line, price/shop around, its what items you end up getting and what your final the bill will be.

If I'd purchased items separately, I'd paid more per item and each separate order would have added up in shipping costs too.

Happy with my choice

Reactions: katarian and Turn11
Does anyone know any good non-DJI multi battery chargers and car chargers? Any and all recommendations will be appreciated

Like msinger said above, run a spread sheet with list of items you want, unit costs, shipping, taxes.

I wanted the extra 2 batteries, I wanted the 4 battery charging hub also. Knew I'd have to buy an micros SD card so tossed that in the mix of items to price out.

Ended up with a combo package that had the size/speed micro SD card, the landing pad, a hard case and strong soft case (was not interested in the back pack option or I could have gone that route instead of a hard case).

So bottom line, price/shop around, its what items you end up getting and what your final the bill will be.

If I'd purchased items separately, I'd paid more per item and each separate order would have added up in shipping costs too.

Happy with my choice

I have the education discount coupon that I will be using towards the drone, so considering that the other combo kits are a lot more expensive.

Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
I sold the bag on eBay. Way too small for the controller, iPad Mini, landing pad and extra batteries. But I definitely use the 12V charger when 3 batteries is not enough for multiple shoots in one day. I suppose I’ll eventually use the extra props. It’s a close call, but if you can find a FlyMore Combo really cheap, it’s probably not a bad choice.

I sold the bag on eBay. Way too small for the controller, iPad Mini, landing pad and extra batteries. But I definitely use the 12V charger when 3 batteries is not enough for multiple shoots in one day. I suppose I’ll eventually use the extra props. It’s a close call, but if you can find a FlyMore Combo really cheap, it’s probably not a bad choice.
Amazon has Fly More Kit for $322. And if you don't mind me asking, how much were you able to sell the bag for on Ebay?

Last edited:
Reactions: Obsidian Sereniti
Screenshot (15).png

So here is what I have worked out.
The Fly More Kit Combo and the Custom Combo are very close.
At this point it comes down to if going all DJI products is better or if the custom combo works out fine too.
What would you guys recommend?

Thank you in advance

I kept bag and it fits drone, 2 spare lipos, smart controller, marco polo unit, props and nd filters box. Fit is tight but bag is rigid and it works for me. On longer hikes i put drone into its own mini case and throw rest into bigger pack.

Does anyone know any good non-DJI multi battery chargers and car chargers?
Here are some commonly used 3rd party parallel battery chargers:

Fstop Labs (Yx)
Charge 3 batteries in 1 hour

Powerextra (Yx)

RCGEEK

RCGEEK
Charge 4 batteries in 1.5 hours

Here are some commonly used 3rd party car chargers:

SunnyLife
Charge 2 batteries in 1 hour

Yx
Charge 1 battery in 50 minutes

I upgraded from the Mavic Air with Fly More Package to Mavic 2 Pro without the fly more. With the increased flying time with the M2P I opted to buy one extra battery to give me two. If I find I could use another battery, I can always add it. I can live without the hub, but in time if I feel it's necessary, I can shop around for one. I also ordered the extra set of props when I ordered the drone I didn't want the car charger or the backpack. I already had the landing pad. I used the savings to purchase the Smatree case (around $35) which will hold the drone, RC and three batteries, plus a custom PolarPro filter pack with the ND4, ND8, ND16 and ND32 filters for $99 from PolarPro. I already has SD cards, As others have said, it depends on your requirements and preferences. Haven't had a chance to fly my new drone sine it's been raining every day in Massachusetts sine I received it.

Here are some commonly used 3rd party parallel battery chargers:

Fstop Labs (Yx)

View attachment 71433

Powerextra (Yx)
View attachment 71434

RCGEEK

View attachment 71435

RCGEEK
Charge 4 batteries in 1.5 hours

View attachment 71436

Here are some commonly used 3rd party car chargers:

SunnyLife
Charge 2 batteries in 1 hour

View attachment 71437

Yx
Charge 1 battery in 50 minutes

View attachment 71438
Blue 3x1 charger is the good one, rcgeek or fstop, i think it is a same unit.

Blue 3x1 charger is the good one, rcgeek or fstop
The Fstop Labs and Powerextra chargers are definitely the same units (just relabeled). I linked them both since the prices vary.

The Fstop Labs and Powerextra chargers are definitely the same units (just relabeled). I linked them both since the prices vary.
Have you personally tried any of these wall and car chargers? Orv anyone here?

With regard to the mentioned 3rd party car charger: note your input/output watts/amps. You can't change the laws of physics, and car power outlets are usually limited to 10amps, maybe 15.
Even at 6.5A of the DJI charger, with its cutoff voltage, wiring resistance between car battery and charger, typically won't work with engine off.

With regard to the mentioned 3rd party car charger: note your input/output watts/amps. You can't change the laws of physics, and car power outlets are usually limited to 10amps, maybe 15.
Even at 6.5A of the DJI charger, with its cutoff voltage, wiring resistance between car battery and charger, typically won't work with engine off.
Right. But sometimes when I am on the road (which I am a lot), it's nice to be able to charge batteries in the car while driving.

Have you personally tried any of these wall and car chargers?
No. I usually use the OEM DJI battery hubs to charge my DJI batteries. You can find hundreds of reviews from people who have purchased those products at the links above.

After I unboxed the Fly More Kit, I was a little disappointed with the case. But, over time I've grown to like it. Once I figured out how to pack the thing, it turned out to be quite handy. The extra batteries were nice as well as the 12V car charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0