DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 foggy screen after flying in rain.

cayrick

Reactions
Yesterday I took video and then I took some still shots as the rain began. The screen on my Ipad was white. Today I did a repeat. Video came out just fine but my still shots were white and could barely make out details in the photo. So why still pictures foggy and video fine? Ideas welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• DJI_0108.JPG
    DJI_0108.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Yesterday I took video and then I took some still shots as the rain began. The screen on my Ipad was white. Today I did a repeat. Video came out just fine but my still shots were white and could barely make out details in the photo. So why still pictures foggy and video fine? Ideas welcome. Thanks!
Your camera settings are the cause of your issue.
You've accidentally set the exposure compensation to +3 stops so the camera lets in 8 times as much light as is needed for correct exposure.
Look at the line of camera data on your screen and the number under EV is showing +3.0
You need to dial that back to zero.

i-DQNgC6q-M.jpg

Reactions: cayrick

if you controller was taking heavy Rain, its possible that those rain drops can really play with the setting on the Screen,
This is why when we fly in the Rain, You take cover or fly from inside the car.

As far as the lens becoming foggy, we have never had that issue and we fly a lot in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

You've accidentally set the exposure compensation to +3 stops so the camera lets in 8 times as much light as is needed for correct exposure.
Look at the line of camera data on your screen and the number under EV is showing +3.0

i-DQNgC6q-M.jpg

i-DQNgC6q-M.jpg
exact;ly as you said. Now fixed. No more rolaids. Thanks!

Reactions: Meta4

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada