DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 gimbal screws

Dale42110

Reactions
Just bought a mavic 2 that doesn’t have a gimbal. I want to put a zoom on it but I don’t have the screws. I know there’s 2 in the front and 2 in the back. I’ve heard there hard to find. I bought a screw pack for the mavic air on amazon that I’ve heard has screws in it that will work. Just wondering if anyone has any info on this or knows what the sizes of the screws are

thanks

Screw pack comes w oodles of screws for the m2
Had to wait 6 weeks for dji to ship them

Reactions: Bobvt
Thanks this looks like the set I already ordered. Do you know which screws in the set are for the gimbal?

Thanks this looks like the set I already ordered. Do you know which screws in the set are for the gimbal?
Will follow up which bag contains the gimbal screws
To the best of my knowledge (as per the techs) the mavic air screw set will not work for the m2 gimbal
They are a specific size which you can’t find in any hardware or hobby shop nor on any previous dji product...
Please let us know once u get the air screws to confirm

Oh I ordered the mavic air set and also a mavic 2 set from eBay that looks identical to the set in your photos. I wish I had waited and checked on here first because you have the better deal. But it has 13 bags that are labeled the same as the ones in your photo. Just not sure which bag has the gimbal screws in it.

Will follow up which bag contains the gimbal screws
To the best of my knowledge (as per the techs) the mavic air screw set will not work for the m2 gimbal
They are a specific size which you can’t find in any hardware or hobby shop nor on any previous dji product...
Please let us know once u get the air screws to confirm
These are the gimbal screws

Attachments

• D5057E13-200F-4EFA-8B2B-FA370418052A.jpeg
    D5057E13-200F-4EFA-8B2B-FA370418052A.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 24
I got my screws today they are the m1.6 just like the photo you sent me. But they are too small they do work on the top cover part that goes over where the ribbon connecter is but as for the other 4 that hold the gimbal on they are too small and just push in

I did find four in the mavic air set that I think will work. I wonder if the holes have gotten striped out a little or something

They do work the top screw is m1.6 from the mavic 2 pack and the bottom is from the mavic air pack it is about the same length but the bottom part is smaller then the top on it. The reason I only need four is because the m1.6 works on the two for the cover. I haven’t received my gimbal yet so I’m not sure how it will work with mounting it but they do screw into the holes by themself. I just hope they will be long enough considering the bottom part of the screw is smaller. Not really sure why the m1.6 screws are too small I’m thinking the holes have been stripped out.

Attachments

• 2648442A-5CFA-4669-A720-1C5F905521A6.jpeg
    2648442A-5CFA-4669-A720-1C5F905521A6.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
Thanks @Dale42110

keep us posted but based on my techs advise and the picture above doesn't look like the screw will hold the gimbal as its wider than the m2

lets see what you come up w/ and thanks for sharing

Do you happen to know if the screw holes are supposed to have some kind of metal inserts or something, it’s almost like there’s something missing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR