DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 GPS tracking

Rrswartz

Reactions
I know the Mavic 2 has active track 2.0. I was looking for the old controller GPS tracking so I could have it follow me through the woods, but above the trees. Vision is mostly not available. Is this not available on the Mavic 2? I know I can still do it with Litchi.

I thought active track was visual. How would it work through trees?
litchi will work using litchi's magic lease. not sure if they have it for ios though. it will require another cell phone with all the sensors. barometer, gps, compass... and must have a wifi connect. and as stated, active track, any version is visual only.

safe flying

litchi will work using litchi's magic lease. not sure if they have it for ios though. it will require another cell phone with all the sensors. barometer, gps, compass... and must have a wifi connect. and as stated, active track, any version is visual only.

safe flying
Litchi will work through both your controller display device to track you with the controller and by magic leash where you designate a different device running the magic leash app to be the gps device to follow (I have never tried this). My old phantom 3 could track you by the gps on your display. I thought this would be on the mavic 2, but I don't see it.

I know the Mavic 2 has active track 2.0. I was looking for the old controller GPS tracking so I could have it follow me through the woods, but above the trees. Vision is mostly not available. Is this not available on the Mavic 2? I know I can still do it with Litchi.

If the drone can't easily see you under tree cover, you might still have a problem using Follow-me type tracking with the GPS receiver on the controller not being able to get a GPS signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11