DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 height limit reached

Alloy

Reactions
in her maiden flight, my Mavic 2 zoom wouldn't rise higher than 97-98 feet. Prior to this flight I had checked for updates and adjusted the height limit to 400 ft. However during actual flight once the drone reached 97-98 feet, i kept getting a red message that max height had been reached. Readjusting the height limit did not allow the actual max height to be adjusted.

This was of course on a fresh battery for both RC and AC.

Any thoughts?

Try adjusting hight limit to 500 meters

in her maiden flight, my Mavic 2 zoom wouldn't rise higher than 97-98 feet. Prior to this flight I had checked for updates and adjusted the height limit to 400 ft. However during actual flight once the drone reached 97-98 feet, i kept getting a red message that max height had been reached. Readjusting the height limit did not allow the actual max height to be adjusted.
Did you have full GPS for the flight?
What was the surrounding environment like?

This from p57 in the manual might explain what you describe.
Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Downward Vision System is inactivated.

Double checked for beginners mode amd verified it wasn't the case. Going to try again amd see what happens. Although I did see a post regarding DJI goggles and reseting height to 30 meters. I did have my goggles turned on at one point but didn't actually put them on.

I had 20 satellites prior to take off. This was in front of my home in a standard suburban neighborhood. No signal interference alerts. I'll check downward sensors

I had 20 satellites prior to take off. This was in front of my home in a standard suburban neighborhood. No signal interference alerts. I'll check downward sensors
If you had full GPS the downward sensors won't make any difference to height limits.

Signing out of your DJI a/c in the app and signing in again might help.

I see it's your maiden flight, so I assume the drone is new.

Have you gone online with your smart phone or tablet and activated the software/firmware? If you don't the flight capabilities will be restricted. See the link below:

"You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high."

I see it's your maiden flight, so I assume the drone is new.

Have you gone online with your smart phone or tablet and activated the software/firmware? If you don't the flight capabilities will be restricted. See the link below:

"You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high."
Plus 1 for checking if your logged in to DJI server on the device your using, as well as activated. Although if your able to check for updates via Go4, then your probably good to go there.

If its not the above, then one of the other two possibilities already mentioned is most likely your case; 1) GPS weak which limited your H, or 2) You still had Beginners mode active.

Good luck.

Ok. Sorry for the late reply. This was my 1st Mavic 2 experience. I also own the Air 2 and previously owned the Mavic Pro, Air, and Spark.

On my second flight, I was able to go past 30 meters without issue. I believe what had happened during the 1st flight was that I had turned on my DJI goggles as well as the remote. I didn't end up using them during the initial flight. However I had read in another post that the goggles may reset your height limit. During the 2nd flight I didn't use them at all, which in turn led to a problem free flying experience.

That’s curious, I have never had my goggles reset the height limit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103