DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Home point

3dogair

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I can never seem to set the HOME point that follows the controller. I receive a message about the communication on my device is not strong enough. Doe the screen being used need to connected to cellular. I am using a WiFi IPad. All other signal strengths are strong.

Wi-Fi only iPad doesn't have GPS. App uses mobile device GPS to set homepoint to "remote" location.

Mobile GPS is also used for Follow Me mode, but Active Track which is vision based replaces it. M2 and I think MA do not have Follow Me.

I can tell you that my iPhone X has the same problem. It never works. Don’t be surprised tho. There are lots of threads which note that apple devices are well known for this.

I can tell you that my iPhone X has the same problem. It never works. Don’t be surprised tho. There are lots of threads which note that apple devices are well known for this.

Do you have to grant permission for the GO 4 app to have location? It has been a while since I have used an Apple device. I know with Android you can give 3 types of permission to an App - Always, only when app is actively running or never.

Reactions: Crusader14

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus