DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 hovers in mid-air but does not respond to DJI Smart Controller sticks

marcorasi1960

Reactions
My Mavic 2 hovers in mid-air but does not respond to DJI Smart Controller sticks. I flew this Mavic-2 zoom for about 3 months trouble-free, and I used this DJI Smart Controller for about 2 years trouble-free. Today, when I take off as I usually do, something strange happens. I press the take-off button and confirm that I want to take off, and the drone takes off and starts hovering 3-4 feet off the ground (as usual). But at this point it no longer responds to the Smart Controller sticks. It won't go up, nor right nor left nor forward nor backward. It won't even come down if I tell it to come down with my controller stick. It does come down if I press the RETURN HOME button. Tried many times. Updated Smart Controller software. Keeps doing it. Tried to fly in different places, just in case some interference was at play. Keeps doing it. On the Smart Controller, a small light at the top, immediately to the left of the 4 'battery charge light', is blinking (not sure if it is white or a very light blue). Can anyone help me understand what this could be and how I could fix it? Thanks!

You might just a try a total reset and maybe bind the drone again.
After that you may have a bad controller if you have another drone you can check that out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain.

Thanks folks. It turns out I needed to calibrate the sticks. Now works perfectly. No idea why they went off calibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair