DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 - how to test gimbal motors

Brutus82

Reactions
Does anyone know how to easily test the gimbal motors on a Mavic 2 Pro? I've repaired a few units now for friends but it can take a while if you have to disassemble and assemble the entire gimbal unit to test each time via process of elimination.

Welcome any help on how to make a test rig.

The rig that occurred to me was to make up an extended cable, so that the bits did not have to be put together to be tested. It might be possible to cut the stranded cable in places and then solder in extensions of fine insulated wire with heat shrink sleeving covering the individual solder joints. Obviously this cable could not then be used for flight. I don't know if the original strands of wire will take solder. I did not try this.
Aside from any soldering difficulties I do not know if the cable length is critical i.e. if signal transit times are critical/sensitive. If the idea works it jmight be wise to embed the back of the cable's connectors in some sort of support. I worry about flexing of the individual wires in this area fatiguing them

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brutus82
The rig that occurred to me was to make up an extended cable, so that the bits did not have to be put together to be tested. It might be possible to cut the stranded cable in places and then solder in extensions of fine insulated wire with heat shrink sleeving covering the individual solder joints. Obviously this cable could not then be used for flight. I don't know if the original strands of wire will take solder. I did not try this.
Aside from any soldering difficulties I do not know if the cable length is critical i.e. if signal transit times are critical/sensitive. If the idea works it jmight be wise to embed the back of the cable's connectors in some sort of support. I worry about flexing of the individual wires in this area fatiguing them
I was hoping of some kind of tet ring similar to what is available for testing the signal cables.

Still haven't worked out a good way of removing and replacing the individual gimbal motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent