DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 & magnets???

Badgersurfer

Reactions
I have just purchased a very small drone tracker as a backup if it crashes or flyaway. It uses GPS Glonass and Galileo along with mobile networks. I have it mounted on the top f the battery using 3m Double Lock and it weighs 40g.
I have a slight concern as it is ip67 resistant thus uses a magnetic charging port. This carries two small neodyn batteries to match up with the two on the plug.
The company selling them say's they have been tested on Drones but I am concerned it could affect the Mavic 2 Pro compass. What are your thoughts and what are the implications if it does?

1600764946820.png

You will need to calibrate the compass with the device attached to the craft. The calibration process will enable to magnetic field contributed by the device to be subtracted from the compass reading so that the external magnetic field can be accurately measured. I believe the user instruction should have mentioned that.

Last edited:
You will need to calibrate the compass with the device attached to the craft. The calibration process will enable to magnetic field contributed by the device to be subtracted from the compass reading so that the external magnetic field can be accurately measured. I believe the user instruction should have mentioned that.
Brilliant thanks for that. I tried it and exactly how you say t asked me to recalibrate. I looked t the orientation in flight and it was bang on. The tracker is amazing . So I am a happy bunny now.
1600767833486.png

Brilliant thanks for that. I tried it and exactly how you say t asked me to recalibrate. I looked t the orientation in flight and it was bang on. The tracker is amazing . So I am a happy bunny now.
View attachment 113535

Do you have a link to the product?

I use a Loc8tor on my Spark and need to up grade for the MA2.

Thanks. :)

Yep I already have a thread running on the Rewire Security Drone Tracker.... Rewire Security GPS Tracker...

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929