DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro actual FOV

Gregdd

Reactions
I made some measurements to check my actual FOV of the M2P. The measurements were in Camera mode. At 200cm from the wall the width of the image was 248cm. By my calculations that is only 64 degrees not the advertised 77. I checked this at different distances just to corroborate my calculations and it came up to the exact same 64 degrees each time. Now my trig might be off but some math genius perhaps can tell me what I am doing wrong. I was measuring with the camera facing forward, with no tilt and measured right in the vertical middle of the image. I did also check the video modes; the actual videos on the card were wider than what is shown in the app but still came to about 68 degrees in Full FOV mode and in HQ mode came out to about 48 degrees. Can someone tell me whats up? See attached image of my calculationsMavic 2 Pro FOV calc_1.jpg

Can someone tell me whats up?
Camera makers conventionally express the field of view for their lenses as the diagonal angle .. not the horizontal angle.

To save you recalculating, a lens with a diagonal FoV of 77° would have a horizontal FoV of 67°.

Last edited:
Camera makers conventionally express the field of view for their lenses as the diagonal angle .. not the horizontal angle.

To save you recalculating, a lens with a diagonal FoV of 77° would have a horizontal FoV of 67°.
OK I assume that is in Camera mode because that uses the whole sensor?

EDIT: Actually in Camera mode it is def only 64 degrees. In Full FOV video it would be closer to the 67.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11