DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro "Aircraft Disconnected" frustrations....

JoshuaF

Reactions
Not sure if I'm 100% in the correct forum here, but here is my issue:

I've had a Mavic 2 Pro for several months, use it for my real estate business (yes I'm FAA certified). Love the quality photo and video I'm able to get from it, but man does it frustrate me sometimes. A recent problem I've been experiencing that just popped up with absolutely no warning is that when I have a battery that is almost dead and I bring the drone "home" to switch out batteries, I get the dreaded "Aircraft Disconnected" message/screen on the DJI app on my phone, and *nothing* I have tried will force it to reconnect, including the manual "linking" process. What I did discover is that if I turn aircraft and remote control off and then turn them both back on about 10 minutes later, by that time it always seems to have "Fixed" whatever the problem was and it will fly just fine with the new battery like it never had a problem. This is very bothersome, though, because the light during golden hour can change a *lot* in 10 minutes! And I do mostly land listings, not houses, so golden hour in morning and evening are my "primo" shooting time and I can't afford to have my drone sitting on the ground for 10 minutes waiting to connect. It didn't do this for a few months when I first got it. I've got no idea what started it, or how to fix it.

Any thoughts or input?

Thanks.

What charge level are you calling "almost dead".

If this occurs what happens if you switch the drone on as soon as you fit the new battery?

"almost dead" equals under 25% battery and the drone forcing itself to come home. I learned the hard way a few months ago that 17% battery means the drone is going to land wherever it is at that time. A tree, a few broken propellers, and some super glue later I got it flying and working normally again, but I never want to get close to that battery level again, so I always bring it home when it gets to 25% and the low battery warning.

I have tried everything possible. I've tried turning off/on the drone, the remote, and the app, in every possible different sequence, and nothing seems to make it re-connect with the new battery until 10 minutes or so has passed, and then it's like new again, like nothing ever happened.

I have experienced the same with full batteries and the smart controller regaining contact after rth was initiated and the drone was landing.
File review showed no signal once in the hills, the second time no obvious reason was found.
Switching on off remote did not help.
You have to trust on rth.

I’m having problems with all 3 batteries swelling up, but I never run mine down past 30% just because I have over 230 charges on them, never run batt down past 20% just to be safe be smart

While the other responses to date attempt to address your specific loss of connection, battery charge level, the obvious fault in your business approach is your seemingly lack of redundancy in your tool supply (i.e., your drone(s)) to complete your mission. If you are constrained by specific time limits to complete your for-profit shoots, then you need to have more than a single drone to get your job done in case one fails for whatever reason. Be business smart here: pack a backup drone! Good luck.

While the other responses to date attempt to address your specific loss of connection, battery charge level, the obvious fault in your business approach is your seemingly lack of redundancy in your tool supply (i.e., your drone(s)) to complete your mission. If you are constrained by specific time limits to complete your for-profit shoots, then you need to have more than a single drone to get your job done in case one fails for whatever reason. Be business smart here: pack a backup drone! Good luck.
It is true I may need to consider having a back-up drone, but I don't think it's too much to ask for my primary one to work pretty consistently as it should, so first priority for me right now is trying to figure the problem for this one out.

Yesterday i was flying one of my M1P's (green one) and shortly after take off it says "aircraft disconnected". It still responded to the RC so i brought it home, shut things down and rebooted. It flew for a few minutes and then lost signal again. Im not sure if it is a loose wire on the gimbal or what it is. Any thoughts?

I’ve had that happen in the past it’s not the drone and it’s not your RC it’s the cable to your iPad or phone that’s losing connection if you lost complete signal to your controller you would not be able to fly the drone home in the home point should kick in in the drone will come home by itself but this used to happen to me, on my Mavic one and it was a bad cable just my thoughts

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku